DjangoBooks.com

New guitar and video

2»

Comments

• pdgpdg ✭✭

Quadruple home run -- great looking AND sounding guitar, great playing, and great composition!

wimBillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

I'd love to hear more about your Alex Bishop guitar, Alan.

Does it have Kandinksy details?

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi Bill. Sadly it doesn't have any Kandinsky details. It's a relatively sedate offering from Alex but it was the sound which sold it to me. It's got a sound port, solid walnut back & sides and neck which came from a tree which grew in Kew gardens until it was brought down in a storm. The tree was alleged to have been planted by Queen Victoria.

Over the years it's had various cosmetic changes. I put a new scratchplate on it, changed the tuners a couple of times and swapped the tailpiece for a Ger Boonstra special design one. I'll post some pictures later. Nearly forgot, I've also had a K&K pickup fitted and I recently refinished the French lacquer on the top.oh, and it doesn't have a zero fret.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    always learning
  • Thanks everyone for the comments! It means a lot.

@Buco my youtube accounts are a nightmare! I'm in the process of cleaning it all up. I never could get on with YouTube many years ago, it's about time I sorted it out! More video content on it's way I hope.

@Wim Glenn Thanks Wim, it's got a lot of bracing compared to usual. I'm interested in the different between lots of bracing and thin top, VS thick top and light bracing!

I'm always so interested in people's descriptions of tone. I found this guitar to be very bright, and not so warm! But that'd a purely descriptive thing. I think we are all hearing the same thing though, using different words...

Buco
  • vilhelmovilhelmo San Francisco Bay AreaNew

I completely agree that the song would fit into that album! (One of my favorites) Great job on taking inspiration from them and making something your own - I love the sound and melodies. (And there was at least one lick I recognized from the original album that’s so cool - I’m going to transcribe it from your video now :))

And of course like everyone else said - beautiful guitar!

• zenitbzenitb New

wow!