DjangoBooks.com

How much do you practice? 2020 in review (and now also 2021 in review).

12345679»

Comments

I don't know about the generational difference. But see it as you will, doesn't bother me either way. When I went to highschool we had BASIC course one year. Those more interested moved onto PASCAL, C, C++... but I wasn't one of them. I did do work on UI or user interfaces since late 90s as I was in the AV industry long before UI became a widely used acronym.

But that's all beside the point. The stats Gian can extrapolate from his logs are very cool, I love it. I keep a lot more mundane version of it in my digital devices and use those sheets occasionally. But that still requires some level of discipline to pull out such device and reference in it what's going on. The sticky notes on the other hand, with them there's no escaping what's on the menu. It's the immediacy of it that I like.

One thing to add, with me practice works totally backwards in the sense when I was young and could afford spending hours each and every day I didn't, for various reasons: didn't have the habits, didn't want to miss out on the fun with my buddies etc. Now as I crossed 50, I can easily see myself immersed for 10 hours a day and liking it. But adult life doesn't allow that freedom of space. So it's a balance. At least now I think I know exactly what I need to focus on every time I sit down so idle moments are minimal.

geese_comBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

I only write my music notes in ASSEMBLY.

BucoAzazzell