DjangoBooks.com

Our new video: Whispering

Comments

ahhh we got you spoiled Will. But we're like a box of chocolates.

There can not be too much of cow bell!

Bones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Sounds fantastic, Buco. Someone tried to enroll in a group project like this, but I begged off because I was still working (and I'm a little lazy too). Just retired, though, so between house projects, trying to study and woodshed more. As soon as our immunity from the double shot vaccines kicks in in about 3 weeks, the band will be able to rehearse together for the first time in a year.

Buco

Thanks man, good to hear from you. You know I just kinda throw myself in it, whether I think I can do it or not. The initiative always comes from Suzanne, clarinet player. That's exciting about the band coming back together!

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited March 2021 Posts: 825

Fine music, fine soloing! Seems to be a cornet rather than a trumpet, am I right?

Buco
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 4,737

Yes, that's Chris Gekker on the cornet.

Thank you!

PS I was told, although video frame doesn't show it, he's using a cool vintage mute, metal straight mute.

Greetings to Mr. Gekker, I'm playing a cool vintage cornet: Conn Ambassador, 50ies. Sounds like this (a little lockdown-teachingmaterial for my pupils at primary school):

The englisch version of the song usually is in C major; but as clowns tend to be melancholy, I used D minor throughout the whole song.

BucoBones
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

An instant classic!

Made my day.

Buco

The clown, punch, the singing slug and punch's grandmother thank you very much.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
    edited March 2021 Posts: 825

Me too!

Buco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

BTW is Dm really the most melancholy key?

Adam Neely has the answer:

WillieBucoMarkA