DjangoBooks.com

Our new video: Whispering

124»

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited March 2021 Posts: 826

@billyshakes: you are right, "schlürfen" means to slurp. Yes, languages change on their journey from east to west, but there even is a real "break in sound" between north and south in germany. I was born in Bavaria and moved to Hamburg some time ago, dialects spoken in northern and western germany sound more similar to the dutch and sometimes even the english language than to my own native dialect and the way people in general are sounding like in the south.

@Buco: I was quite sure you might appreciate this. To my opinion, bass saxophones are severely underestimated in contemporary music 😭🎷.

Bucobillyshakes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@Willie I know what you mean. I was living near Aachen many years ago and remember in NRW they have that soft "ch" sound (e.g. ich sounds more like "ish" than "ick"). It really clicked for me when I heard a French friend of mine speak German with the same sound and then it made me think of it from the geography sense. And yes, Baierisch is a much different "dialect" (practically its own language). But I won't hijack Buco's thread any more...though it is a nice reminder for me to go back to p1 and listen again to their great song. Servus!

BucoWillie

Wherever conversation takes us, Bill.

Williebillyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • casscass Pennsylvania New AJL XO, DuPont MD100, Gitane DG255

Really Nice!!!

Buco

Hey thanks!

@Willie incidentally Chris might be getting a Conn 80A from the 50s.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited March 2021 Posts: 826

@Buco is Chris sure that it has the sound he wants to get? As far as I know, they don't just look like trumpets! 🎺

Buco