DjangoBooks.com

Pickup for D-Hole Guitar?

2»

Comments

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-30, Altamira M-10

Chief--I must go by memory here (uh-oh), because I sold my D-hole a year or 2 ago. (I'm exclusively on the oval hole and archtop these days). But the way I remember it is like this: when I would gig with the D-hole and use the krivo (as seen in the pic I posted), I had to be careful with the quantity of putty, like you said. I seem to remember using the thinnest specks of it so that the pickup wouldn't get too close to the strings. But I was able to work it out & get a very nice tone. But I always use tube amps, that may be a factor here. One time, after a gig, one of the guys in my band who had recently bought a D-hole came over & took a picture of my get-up because he liked the tone I was getting. I seem to remember the B and E being a bit hotter, but the EQ on the amp was able to help with that. I hope that helps.

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Thanks for the feedback, MikeK. That is helpful.