DjangoBooks.com

PULLED - Altamira Model MD D-Hole, Guardian CG-022-GJ (Deluxe) Hardshell Case, Manouche Picks

Comments

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

Hang in there bro! I went through a 10 year period where I was unable to play. Sold all of my guitars because it was depressing to look at them. Huge mistake really! You will play again. Bide your time. I had days where if I could even for 10 minutes would be enough to get me through the week. I’m glad you’re not selling it!

WillieBucoPassacagliajonpowl

Glad to hear you decided to keep strumming.

jonpowl
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Not knowing or understanding much about your condition I can not give any guarantees, but there have been many case where people have overcome physical changes or problems and came back playing, even if it means learning a new style from scratch, but the point of this post is simply a reminder for us all to occasionally go back and read Django's story (Delaunay, Dregni and others) about how he came back after the fire.

Or to put it another way, one of Henry Ford's great quotes; "the man who thinks he can, and the man who thinks he can't, are probably both right".

Positive thoughts needed.

Passacaglia
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thanks Chris. I have a CNS condition that probabilistically is early stage Parkinson's. Separately, Central Pain Syndrome, where repetitive injury to my brain stem over a long time doing this living in a martial arts and zen temple has fried the bridge to my brain, so my whole body burns moderately severely 24/7, flaring up to severe regularly as any activity fool's my nervous system into hyperdrive.

LH jacked a few years now, but going back to see a hand guy. Hopeful. As I told Buco, seems I finally have to learn patience and the long view.

I like dogs.

There, now you know me completely. 🤣

BucoChrisMartinBillDaCostaWilliamsJSantaVebjørn
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Not to make light of your situation, Paul, but we can all look at Jason and say "yeah, it's not so bad"

Vebjørn
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,471

Absolutely, Buco. Millions far worse off who keep playing. Billions just plain far worse off every day, and I think on them daily as I sit in zazen, Buddhist meditation. Mine wasn't a complaint, just a statement of facts, the condition by way of background for Chris and/or others who might wonder what the hell would be up for me to decide to stop playing?

Thanks buddy. I didn't know of Jason's story.

Edit: I can't speak for others here at all. Pain and suffering are different things, and add to that each one's experience is their own. Pain is just weird and particularly at the micro-CNS level, it's "frontier medicine, just beyond what we know at all well yet," as one of my docs called it. Living with the feeling I'm being scalded all over, constantly, well, you start to question so many things, and among them, are you simply weak or less of a person when others suffer and there are lots of days you want to say f%^k it. Too many close calls, thankfully, knock on wood past me. Unfortunately, "buck up" is less than useless. Knowing you're not insane or faking or hysterical, psycho-somatic, is a demon that can take hold so easily. So it's so important to say, yes, really own this. It's real. Now what? Each person has to answer that one on their own.

My $0.02.

Buco
    -Paul

Man...f@#@... is there anything that helps manage the pain?

Passacaglia
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Wow, I can't pretend to understand what that is like, but if anyone can get to a 'mind-over-matter' state then it sounds like you are giving it a good try.

And being reasonably healthy so far, I struggle to find any excuse for my lack of ability on the guitar.

Best of luck anyway.

Passacaglia

Hey Chris, and all actually. Want to say I truly have never experienced as warm a community as the GJ community has been, whenever and wherever I've had the luck to come across it. I want to make clear my sharing of some stuff wasn't meant as a rebuke to anyone in any way. I know there's not a whisper of anything from your players' hearts that wasn't meant merely to encourage, and I'm really grateful. As I just told a friend here, even if it's 5 minutes daily only, it's still 5 minutes worthwhile.

Hope when things allow everyone to play out more and more, I have a chance to hear you all. Until then, with a lot of gratitude and respect, good health and happy playing.

Paul

BucoWillielittleknickyrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams
    -Paul

• BonesBones Moderator

Paul, I'm not in a place where I can play much at all (physically and lack of time/energy) but every once in a while I get a chance to pick it up for just a bit and play along with some backing track (at like 75%) for just a few minutes and it is still really fun and satisfying. Hang in there buddy!

BucojonpowlvanmalmsteenWillielittleknickyrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes