DjangoBooks.com

PULLED - Altamira Model MD D-Hole, Guardian CG-022-GJ (Deluxe) Hardshell Case, Manouche Picks

13»

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Hey Bones, I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing this, but I admire your tenacity. I picked it up a week ago maybe, stopping when I should. Kind of surprised things are coming back as quickly as they are. It's been wonderful to play.

Guys in general I have to say something. I always feel weird when someone posts ai response to or offers something in a thread and I don't reply; I know that might seem strange. At any rate, a general caveat that if I don't respond, it's probably because physically I'm dans la merde, like now; So I will very likely be awol until things return to a baseline.

Just don't want to be rude.

Buco my friend, I'll get in touch in a few days. I'm listening to Dorado right now bedside, and I read your 2-minute article, with a ton of gratitude to you for doing it.

BucoBones
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,471

I want to thank you guys for your encouragement to keep playing, even if it's a few minutes strumming. I am doing all I can to listen to this old bod and leave the day as the L hand arthritis kicks up or the other stuff starts knocking at my door. You all had a hand in my picking it up again. That's a gift.

Want to say our own member geese also had a hand. I've seen him play out a couple times with trio Christo Ruppenthal on slide and guitar and Forrest (don't know his last name - awesome bassist, and joyous guy) on upright bass, and I realized how much I've just missed the total environs surrounding the music, the community itself. geese is an awesome player, as are bandleader Christo and Forrest. Flights of fancy with archival Hawaiian music from the 20's, many times joined to GJ - and damn me, it totally works and is an entirely unique sound. So, thanks geese, Christo and Forrest.

So, with a decent amount of trepidation - a simple clip from last night, Django's Tiger rhythm, straightforward changes.

-edit: Looks like the .mp4 loads a file, not the clip itself. Anyone know how to load an .mp4 for viewing?

geese_comrudolfochristBones
    -Paul

Do you have a YouTube account? Upload as unlisted and post a link. That's what I do most of the time.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    WillieBucoBones
    -Paul

That's good man!

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Thank you for the kind words, Paul. It is great seeing you at the shows and the jams. Hopefully you can keep this up to the extent possible.

Passacaglia