DjangoBooks.com

Tea '42

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Welcome Posts: 325

Here's a little something I recorded on my Tascam 4-track a while back. "Tea '42"

Quite obviously, some song ideas start from the title ;)

WilliebillyshakesdjangologywimBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsChrisMartinBonesvanmalmsteenMichaelHorowitzand 2 others.

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Two minutes...just enough time to steep the tea without getting it too bitter. Nice to see a fellow electric kettle user as well. I prefer green tea with jasmine, but perhaps I need to make this my new tea steeping timer. Thanks, Vic!

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

I was expecting "Tea For Two", not "Swing 42". Still good though!

Such cool tune! Love the sound. What's the combo?

I'm a newly minted green tea with jasmine recruit since I can only tolerate one small morning cup of coffee, usually espresso or bosnian.

billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Love the music ... but, oh dear, was that sugar being added at 2.56?

(Green tea with jasmine de rigeur here also).

billyshakes
  • pdgpdg ✭✭

I had to look up Bosnian coffee.

Bosnian Dorado?

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited September 2021 Posts: 825

Prefering green darjeeling teas, I am not the expert as for coffee. But as far as I know there are differences in preparation, strenght and the way the coffee is served between turkish and bosnian coffee.

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

• V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭

It's a 1940 Gibson L-7 with a Dearmond FHC pickup recorded direct through a Milkman "The Amp". But honestly I think the recording medium's cassette tape flutter and saturation of the Tascam has a lot to do with the cool sound.

Buco
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

We have to remember that Mehmet II ("the Conqueror") captured Istanbul in 1453 and then pressed eastward, taking over much of the Balkans (some were previously under Ottoman control) in the next decade. This advance led to the famous siege of Vienna in 1683 and subsequent contraction of the Ottoman empire. Like so many food customs and culture in other parts of the world, the conquerors left a cultural impact. So, the 2 coffees are relatively similar. Both made in a copper pot and typically brewed by the cup or two with finely ground coffee directly in the vessel.

Buco can confirm how it is done in Bosnia, but in Turkey one includes the sugar in the copper cezve (JEZ-vay) with the water and grounds and boils them together. My understanding is the sugar is excluded in the Bosnian mix, but added to the cup to the drinker's taste.

WillieBuco
  • BonesBones Moderator

Nice, thanks for posting. What guitar did you use for the rhythm?