DjangoBooks.com

Battery Powered Amps

124»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Hey Gouch, I'm thinking the 1000 is pretty nice for camping and power tools etc, but maybe overkill for a couple guitar amps. Might be able to get away with the smallest one for a few hours of busking. Kind of want to look into this option rather than buying all battery powered gear.

Amazon.com: Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300, 293Wh Backup Lithium Battery, 110V/300W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, Solar Generator (Solar Panel Not Included) for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting Blackout : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Gouchdjangology
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

This has all got way ahead of my Pignose.

Bucobbwood_98billyshakes
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

RE: phantom power for the Yamaha THR30IIA XLR input, don’t know the answer. Probably easy to answer on the Yamaha site. Like I said, as much use as I get out of this amp with the features I do use, there are still some features I haven’t gotten to yet.

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

I ended up buying the Fender Acoustic JR . The features that sold me on it were: 2 exactly equal input channels for when a friend joins me busking, bluetooth for jam tracks, internal battery, cheaper than the other battery amps in this price range, and super light for carrying. Sounds better than the Roland AC-33 I had.

I almost bought the Fender Acoustic 100 amp, which sounds even better, plus a 300w external battery pack for mobility, but just went with the JR. I highly recommend trying them both because it's a clear trade-off.

jonpowlTomas
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I'm a little confused.... To me, it looks like the Fender Acoustic Jr. Go is the one with a battery. It looks like a very nice amp. I like the 17 lb. weight. but would prefer a 10" speaker. Please give us a sound byte with a gypsy guitar, please.

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    edited September 2022 Posts: 1,018

FYI: Acoustic JR. not the same as Pro JR.

If you don't like the size of the Acoustic JR. speaker, consider like I said above, trying the "Acoustic 100" amp (or the SFXII) , since I would say they sound every bit as good as a 10" speaker. All music stores have these amps, so you can try them anywhere. Lots of YouTube videos on this with clips better than I could make.

• edited June 2023 Posts: 4,750

By the way, I picked up one of these

We played outside for 2.5 hours or so, plugged in a smallish 150W PA (two instruments) and Fishman Loudbox (two more instruments), after we were done the battery had 50% capacity left. These things, at the prices they're at nowadays, make much more sense to me then a dedicated battery powered amp.

DeuxDoigts_Tonnerreconstantine
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
  • TomasTomas CzechNew Oval By luthier Jakub Hřib, Gitane birdseye maple "prototype model", Ibanez ag95qa
    edited June 2023 Posts: 38

I have fender acoustic jr go and I'm super happy. Really loud, full sound, light, nice sound and battery stays forever. I'm actually considering buying another one for the band. I always had issues with rattle on every amps. But this never rattle. I also have small Laney mini-st and it sounds nice for such a small amp. But the rattle is more loud than actual sound.