Three year old video from La Taverne De Cluny, Paris

Interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKpX3UU0_g

WillieBucoBillDaCostaWilliamswim

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Ouch!!!

• pdgpdg ✭✭

Well, Joe Pass played a Fender Jaguar at one time ....

Jojo
  • JojoJojo London UK

Good or bad ouch? @spatzo ?

• edited January 2022 Posts: 4,730

That actually had a really good tone to me. Very full sounding with pleasant tube character, loved hearing when he played low notes. It may be most archtop sounding Strat sound I've heard. More videos on the YT from the same gig, all worth listening to.

WillieJojo
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited January 2022 Posts: 768

Jojo, of course the good one! that's pure admiration in front of such a deep control of the instrument for a great solo, what a sound!

That's the thing, once in a while when I pull my Strat out of the case, it takes me a good day to get used to playing it. Left hand is fine, scale length, the neck shape and all that I can make the switch pretty quickly. But the picking hand, the first day it's like my hand just turned into a bear paw.

billyshakes
  • scotscot Virtuoso

I play these tunes on my Strat, too, also rhythm, especially for waltzes. Neck pickup only, turned all the way up, vintage Princeton reverb with a good dose of reverb, and an Alembic stratoblaster preamp if you have one - it gives a great sound. And my Strat is an inexpensive Squire CV The difference between wide- and narrow bobbin pickups isn't as much as I used to imagine. And I don't think you'd get this sound with just any amp.

billyshakesBuco
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

The string tension is all wrong .so traditional GJ technique is out the window

wim

It might be a Marshall combo he's playing.

• DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola

Careful with that axe, EuGiniaux...

vanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliamsJojo