DjangoBooks.com

Sebastien Giniaux using a Strat for Nuages

2»

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I see a few distinguishing features when I zoom in the video.

#1 - The face plate appears silver to me (not Marshall Gold), but it looks like it has a solid black band encircling the knobs and inputs. Looks like the writing for each knob (i.e. volume, tone, treble, etc.) is written in a light script within that band. Anyone know an amp maker that does that? Maybe custom?

#2 - Are those knobs colored (purple or orange?) or is that just the lights reflecting?

#3 - Just above the backpack in between them, it looks like it says "professional" or part of that word, in a very distinctive font. I first thought it looked sort of like the Ampeg font, but I don't think it is that.

#4 - The metal corner protective brackets are silver colored, not black.

Not a gear guy so I can't help any more than that....

Not used to seeing a strat played next to a GJ guitar, I found it a little distracting.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Posts: 872

Yes and no, because of volume practicing restraints at my house (don't like to disturb my wife....most of the time...) I practice a lot on electric. I generally do a hybrid approach anyway but I do lots of Gypsy Picking and rest strokes whenever possible and it works fine on electric, just takes a little bit of getting used to it initially. At this point I am probably more comfortable doing Gypsy style picking on electronic than on a Manouche guitar. Part of that may be my original goal of adding Gypsy Jazz to my electric playing as opposed to being a GJ player and adding electric guitar playing.

Similar with me, it's not that I need to change the picking technique much. At least I don't feel I need to. It's just that I'm very heavy handed for a while. I'm sure if I was playing the electric more, it would be less of a transition.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • steffosteffo New

Great version !

• JojoJojo London UK

I just wonder how the bar owners feel about it. Isn’t it the main one in Paris for GJ? I’m guessing they’re pretty flexible or , if you’re well known, they don’t care? I’ve only seen the bar on YouTube with GJ clips, so I’ve no idea if there’s loads of straight ahead electric jazz played there too