DjangoBooks.com

Apologies this isn't about technique

2»

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

how about Seb & me (with a couple of -ve C19 tests) drop round & say hello to you & J at the weekend, have a wee 20 minute jam in the garden, let you see my big Sicilian babies, catch up on the gypsy jazz gossip & I have a luthiery book for you, too ?? let us know if & when

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteen
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi Andy that would be great. Whatever day and time suits you would be good for me- my diary is empty at the moment

Regards

Alan

always learning
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    edited March 2022 Posts: 768

Hi Alan, I'm sorry to hear this, I wish you a speedy recovery. I suggest asking your Dr. to refer you to a physiotherapist who has experience working with musicians. In the meantime, keep away from the haggis, black pudding and other fry-ups that can appear on Scottish menus, but do have a wee dram, which is a known blood thinner! Ask your Dr. for a prescription for 30yr old MacCallan☺😊 take care, slainte! Phil

Keep us updated occasionally, Alan, please.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi all. As if having a heart attack wasn't enough I was admitted with a "diabetic emergency" last Sunday. My blood sugar levels were running off the scale. Everything seems to be sorted now - hopefully. It just strikes me that everything is related my diabetes, my heart problems and all the other niggling things that come with getting older.

It all relates back to my 3 episodes of cancer and the treatments I received which have caused my diabetes and my heart problems. Still I'm not complaining, I'm still here and improving day by day. When I think of those we've lost - John Delaney as an example - I am grateful to still be around and more grateful for the support from friends. I look forward to getting back into the music.

BillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochrist
    always learning
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

Alan - wishing you all the best. I can't imagine the stress and trauma your body went through, but like everyone else, glad that you are still here with us.

Alan, it's not an enviable situation and you sure went through a lot. Then, like you said, given the outcome Jon had... there's always worse. I really wish you steady recovery.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel