DjangoBooks.com

New album announcement: Melodic Guitar Music

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
in Welcome Posts: 545

Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce my first album!

It's called "Melodic Guitar Music" and you can listen/buy via this page:

It's all original tunes. I'd describe the style as "Django phrasing + Chet Atkins fingerpicking + 1960s pop sensibility."

This has been in the works for many months. Lots of layers, arrangement details, nonstandard song forms, etc.

With bass by Arnoud van den Berg. Produced by Josh Turner.

I hope it delights you —

Adrian

Jangle_JamiedjazzywimBucoflacoMichaelHorowitzScoredogjonpowlbillyshakesmaxand 8 others.

Comments

• flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable

I’m so excited for this! Congratulations on the release! I saw that Antoine Boyer gave a shout out on Instagram as well.

adrian
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Congrats Adrian! I'm interested to hear what you've come up with.

adrian
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Very nice, original, sometimes quirky, thoughtful and well recorded.

adrian
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Congratulations! Can't wait to listen tomorrow while I paint.

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

This is brilliant Adrian!!! I love it. Memorable and very pleasing compositions. Some moments remind me of Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden's duet album (Beyond The Missouri Sky), other moments remind me of Jason Falkner's Bedtime With The Beatles albums. It's fantastic. I urge everyone here to buy it.

It's super nice. I'm delighted! When I saved it on Spotify there was no monthly listeners (I think I was the first to click follow), now 350. That's a nice curve. I'm curious about the song titles, I'd love to pick your ear about that. You got some nice music inside of you man. On Mrs Mills' Guitar Party I keep expecting the voice of John Lennon to pop up and say "all together now".

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew
    edited September 2023 Posts: 326

I like the hybrid vibes. Magical and light hearted. Great story telling! Thanks for sharing.

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to all for listening!

@Buco The song titles were all written after the music, and I tried to make them evocative and appropriate without being too heavy-handed or constraining. For "Mrs. Mills' Guitar Party" specifically, that's a tribute to both the Mrs. Mills piano (used by the Beatles at Abbey Road studios and used on this recording) and Mrs. Mills the musician herself, whose album titles always seemed to include the word "party". :-)

Adrian

DoubleWhiskyBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

How did you get access to Mrs. Mills' piano? Very cool.

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

@Rip I didn't play the literal piano, but I did the next best thing — I used samples that were recorded on the piano in Abbey Road Studios and made available by Spitfire Audio (see here).

Adrian

littlemark