DjangoBooks.com

Suggestions for oval holes with small necks

I was hoping someone would suggest an oval hole for me with a small neck. length of fingerboard and width. similar to what you would find on an Ibanez archtop, I have the Richwood 70 NT which I like the neck of but is very cheaply made and would like something better.

Comments

• murrayatuptowngallermurrayatuptowngaller Holland, MINew Quinteros 2023 Di Mauro Chorus variant, Gibson 1956 ES-135, The Loar LH350VS

My mind wanders when it is late but I started reading this title thinking about small necks on players rather than guitars.

DoubleWhisky

That'll likely be a luthier made guitar. Ivanovski, who made my guitar, has made a number of short scale, 14 fret to the body guitars. There's one on Reverb but it doesn't list the scale length.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

That's a really nice price for a luthier made guitar. Very much on par with what JWC guitars run for. Can't tell the scale length by photos, but considering it is a 14-fret join and the moustache location on the lower bout as well as the well-established standards for sizing, my guess is Risto built a 670mm scale for that one.

It's likely 670mm but I've seen a few of the ones Risto built as 14 frets to the body and short scale (don't know what length). One is a friend's guitar he picked up as a bargain on eBay ($1200) and another is from another friend who loved that one and asked Risto to build him the same spec.

Above is the one. OP asked for oval hole but Risto will build any spec you want at his base price.

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Talk to Shelley Park at parkguitars.com