DjangoBooks.com

Red Bear Picks

2»

Comments

• NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, Bireli was using the lavender 1.5 Dunlop when I saw him in New York. He dropped said pick at the end of the show and a fellow pick geek in the front row snagged it. He showed it to me and sure enough, 1.5 all the way. For what it's worth, on the live in Paris dvd our hero seems to prefer the 1.5 for his Hahl and some type of tortoise for his L5 or whatever that electric is.
    I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    OK, now I'm curious - I need to step back through that video and post what I find... it'll be a couple of days...
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    Well - I stepped through as much of the video as I could... It's not an exciting pastime. Here is a collage of pictures of both Bireli and Samson Schmitt - who appear to be using the same pick.

My best guess? It's the 1.5mm but with some shaping done to it to give it more of a Wegen / 1.14mm profile. I might mess around with that and see what I come up with. I've never tried to profile one of the 1.5 Delrins... could be a winner. If these to guys use it... it must be good.

I stand very much corrected :)

By the way... Vienna France? Isn't that near Paris Texas?
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    It's ViennE, not ViennA (which is called Wien in German anyway)
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    dennis,
    was he using that red jazz II on his selmac ?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
    Du hast rechts, Herr Wilkins. Im Deutchland (oder Osterreich) sagt man "Wien"....

20 jahre hab ich Deutche nicht gesprochen. Leider jetzt ist est mir fremd.

(or something like that... whew... it's been a while)