DjangoBooks.com
Welcome to our Community!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Quick Links
Today's Birthdays
History buffs, can you help with these photos?
Kryptronic eCommerce, Copyright 1999-2026 Kryptronic, Inc. - https://kryptronic.com/ [0.006535 / 1.255722]
Comments
On the subject of playing left-handed but upside down, Elizabeth Cotten did this ages ago:
https://youtu.be/R2DCWfBkMSI?is=_hzHEUy31t4ZcAXE
Good spot on the maple headstock, @jazzz . And yes, beautiful patina on the body, on the fret dots, on the tuners. All around cool!
*Looks like he lost the pickguard that was on that top photo. Good choice, imo.
A couple of more close-up pictures. The top looks beautiful. Aside from the picking scratches, I don't see even a hint of a crack. I'll ask for the serial number tomorrow.
And maybe more surprising than the guitar itself is he still has Selmer strings. I didn't know such a thing existed.
I never saw somebody playing fingerstyle acoustic upside-down. And she played great. Eric Gales plays upside-down but he's an electric player and using a pick.
And that D hole Selmer is an odd duck. The fretboard extension is actually positioned as it would be on a right handed guitar but the cutout is on the opposite side. ???