DjangoBooks.com

Saga Gitane 250M Opinions Wanted

13»

Comments

• manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    I had a 250 M that I was about a month old. In the middle of a gig the actiion went from about 2.5 mm to about 0mm. The top had caved in (I was playing normally) so had to stop playing that night. The top had gone flatter than my Epiphone Hummingbird. I sold the 250 for about a third of what I had just paid for it. Anyway that was my experience with it a couple of years ago. I have since learned a lot of players had the same problem with Gitane but especially the 250M.
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    Sounds like a brace or two came loose. Did you examine the instrument for this? Those braces have to be securely and properly glued or there really is nothing to take all that down pressure. If it happened in moments rather than over several weeks,it sounds like brace failure.

Ken Bloom
    Ken Bloom
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Whow thats amazing! I've owned a few Gitanes and i thought they were built like tanks :D I've put Argentines to heavy bronze gage strings on my DG250M and no sinking problems with the top sound board. Maybe you were just unlucky. I really like mine and i play it exclusively rather than own several GJ guitars as i find this is the best way to get the guitar to open up and play at its best. Its certainly not the best GJ guitar out their but it has a great unique tone and for the price you can't really fall off.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    Yeah I checked the braces, it seemed everything just sank a bit... anyway I thought it was teriific looking guitar and understand there have been improvements over the older models.