DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

kyle91 Savoirfaire

The STory of Selmer Guitars is back

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls
edited January 2009 in Welcome Posts: 755
Hi all

the Story of Selmer Guitars is back, 2nd edition available as a paperback from Dec 08.

Available from rf charle, Paris - 75 euro plus postage ( check for cost to US )

here's the djangostation announcement link http://www.djangostation.com/

regards
Alan
always learning

Comments

• richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    a $97 paper back?!....ugh
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Expensive ? Maybe, but consider this, the original book often comes up for sale at hundreds of dollars. And it is a fantastic book - a friend of mine loaned me his first edition for a while so I know what I'm getting in terms of content. Great pictures, construction details and information about Favinos and Busatos.

It's maybe a bit expensive but it is about the only book of its type out there.
    always learning
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Since I have the hardcover, I am wondering if there are any additions or updates to the paperback edition, or is it exactly the same. Does anyone know?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • FransFrans The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    On the website "Django Station" it is stated that the only difference is the soft-cover
    http://www.djangostation.com/Re-edition ... es,1009.ht
    kind regards
    Frans
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Thanks, Frans.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I'm on it. Thanks.

I'm glad Charle got smart on this... a paperback version still gives the people who bought the hardback their 'collectors' value but it also allows people who want this information to have it. I borrowed the book and photocopied pictures of a couple of the jigs - probably not the only person to do that. But I'd much rather have the book and $100 is... well... I've certainly spent more money on sillier things I guess.

It was only a matter of time before he republished or someone scanned it and put it out on usenet. I'm glad he wised up. I've been trying to buy this book for a small car payment for years now... had two sellers up to the table and both backed out because they decided they wanted to keep it. It's a darned good reference to have around when doing refurb work on traditional gypsy jazz instruments. Actually - I'm glad it's paperback. I'll probably drill a hole through the binding and hang it on a nail above my bench. Collectible value in what is essentially a reference book... sheesh ;-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Has anyone received their book yet?
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Hi there, I got mine about two weeks ago. But everythings buggered with the Christmas post, anyway I finally get it tomorrow morning.

Best wishes
    always learning
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Elderly just listed a hardcover copy for $370...
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    I got my copy from gypsyguitars.com last week. Very quick delivery.
    -fopa