DjangoBooks.com

String Gage Question

2»

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Does anyone else have thoughts/preferences of 10s vs. 11s on short scale guitars. Trying to get more volume for single note stuff on my short scale 14 fret Patenotte model 256.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Galli Silk & Steel 10s cleaned up some of the overtones on my Gitane DG-255 and definitely sound more "Gypsy" across the fretboard than the Galli Silver Plated Round Wound. Durability is good on an hour plus daily.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Stochelo ... plays with pretty high action, 4.5mm at the 12th.
    For real? On the bass side and lower on the treble side I assume. Maybe that's a contributing factor to his amazing sound. I played his Barault back in July and it wasn't that high ... but it was there to get some adjustments so who knows
    http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Item/la-bella-gjxl-be

Don't forget La Bella, currently my favorite.
    With medium action of around 3mm I get warm time with plenty of volume using 10s.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I just switched to Argie 10s (had Argie 11s) on my Gallato D-hole. Sounds amazing. A bit bright for the first day but they settled down nicely...