DjangoBooks.com

djangofest

HotBootsHotBoots East Bay, CANew
edited April 2009 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 29
Hey guys. Don't know too much about Djangofest, but i'm trying to go to the one in SF in 2009, and there is still no information about it anywhere. Does anyone here know when they are going to release all of the details, tickets, and all that goodness?

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    I haven't heard any info yet on this year's Djangofests, however, it's still early. This forum is a great way to stay in touch. Also, you can go to www.djangofest.com, select SF and then join the email listing to get updated info. I hope to catch you at one of the festivals!

AE
    Oops, try www.djangofest.com without the comma in the last message...
  • HotBootsHotBoots East Bay, CANew
    thank you, i signed up for the mailing list!
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    I see the dates for the LA fest are up for 2009....
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Spammadeespam :oops:
    I just uploaded a few vids from Djangofest Northwest 2008 (and more, including a full Rosenberg concert download) , but as I don't wanna get into a fight with Archtop Eddy, let me just paste a link here instead of posting a double thread :)

viewtopic.php?p=30895#30895

cheers !
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    We are planning to attend Gonzalo's workshop at Djangofest LA in April, and hopefully hook up with some djangobooks forum friends.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
    Thanks Mario for the cool vids. No worries about starting a first-a-cuffs with me. You're my main man helping me get the Hands of Stochelo Rosenberg at DFNW last year (along with Greg Gunter, who shot the photo!)

AE
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    lol. thats awesome. :-)
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I have a newbie question about these Djangofest workshops.

Are these real hands-on affairs, where everybody brings their guitars, or more like a masters class, where selected players get up and play with the presenter, or is it straight lecture/demonstration?

We're going to Gonzalo's Gypsy Swing workshop, as it seems more entry level than Andreas' presentation at DjangofestLA in April. I don't want to look like an over-eager geek dragging around our guitars if that's not de rigueur for this event.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I went to Djangofest LA two years ago, and it was a lot of fun.

By all means bring your guitars so you can fully benefit from the lessons and also to be able to jam. I advice you to really work on your rhythm and some tunes, that way you can jam even if the level for soloing is too far ahead of your abilities.

Andreas Oberg is a great teacher and will probably adjust the material to the level of the majority which I don't think is gonna be that advanced, anyway it's worth the price of admission to be able to see him playing up close and hear him explain a little of what goes through his mind while playing.
    Since the schedule of the workshops is not that crammed I'd take all the lessons, you'll learn something from each one i'm sure and it's a good way to hear and get to know the rest of the gypsy jazzers around.

Happy swinging!