DjangoBooks.com

Angelo DVD?

2»

Comments

• drollingdrolling New
    When a local Quebecois promoter picked up the distribution rights to 'Caprice', Angelo and a rhythm player who's name I can't recall did a short concert/launch at a bookstore downtown.

I think I was the only person there who wasn't just browsing the magazine rack. Angelo stoically ripped thru' a set of tunes listed on a piece of paper taped to the guitar. His playing was brilliant, as always, but I got the distinct impression he'd rather have been anywhere else.

The gushingly enthusiastic promoter introduced me to Angelo, who reluctantly shook my hand, giving me a withering glance like I was something he scraped off his shoe. Thank god I hadn't brought any records for him to sign!

Had a similar experience years earlier meeting the Ferre brothers, who took a more passive/agressive approach, both pretending to speak neither french nor english.

Kinda takes me back to my first trip to NYC, where one of the highlights was going to a deli to be expertly insulted by the waiters. But the food, like the music, was awesome..