DjangoBooks.com

Pourquoi La Pompe?

13»

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    La plume ...

My aunt had one of those. She kept it on her table.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    klaatu wrote:
    La plume ...

She keep a right hand on the table !!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    klaatu wrote:
    La plume ...

She keep a right hand on the table !!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, right next to her pen. I never understood the point of that, but you always knew where it was!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    I have heard "la pompe" used to describe the left hand in stride piano. I think it is an old fashion, Parisian slang way to denote any sort of solid (some might say repetitive) rhythm playing in early 20th century music forms.

Guillaume
  • vilgo2003vilgo2003 New
    they call it la plume(feather) maybe due to the fact that they were using a feather in the middle ages
    as a plectrum when they play the luth , i think some oud players still do.
    pascal