DjangoBooks.com

FORUM UPGRADE!!!!!

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Two little things: the D'books.com logo at the top of the page doesn't link to the homepage, so you might be losing some $$ there if people don't follow it to the shop. More important to the forum is that in the main index, post subjects only show up AFTER someone replies to them (as "Re: DFNW - well, how was it?" for example); otherwise they only show the author, which makes it hard to figure out what you want to read.

To be honest, I really didn't like the new look at first, but it's growing on me. Still miss the red flowery background, though.

best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Jack...just click the "DjangoBooks Home" link at the top to get back to the main site.

I'll look into the subjects thing....
    Jack wrote:
    More important to the forum is that in the main index, post subjects only show up AFTER someone replies to them (as "Re: DFNW - well, how was it?" for example); otherwise they only show the author, which makes it hard to figure out what you want to read.

I'm pretty sure it does show the subjects for new posts...there are some posts on the main page of the forum that don't show the subjects but that's because they were posted before I added the mod that does it. Any posts from after the mod was added should show the subject.

'm
    Makes sense!
  • nutloafnutloaf WalesNew
    Hi Michael.
    Will you ever change the date? :)
    Don't stare at the stinking finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory.
    nutloaf wrote:
    Hi Michael.
    Will you ever change the date? :)

Not sure what you mean.....it's showing the correct date on my browser.
  • nutloafnutloaf WalesNew
    On my computer the date has always been 2006 anyone else with this or is it just me? I have ie8.
    I have had 3 computers since being a member on this forum all have said 2006. What do I do to update this? I have always thought it a bit of a quirk, it always being 2006, I dont get it. Lets turn the forum into an IT forum.........or not. Answers on a postcard and remember there are no prizes, its just for fun.
    Don't stare at the stinking finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory.
    I think it may be something on your end....both firefox and IE show the correct date.
  • Working fine on mine MACbook Pro g4
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    hey nutloaf (never thought I'd say that),

are you sure you're not just looking at your "joined on" date? I see that is 2006; all the other dates seem right to me, and obviously that date doesn't change for anyone...

best,
    Jack