DjangoBooks.com

2010 Selmer Petite Bouche Guitar #943 (Replica Prototype)

Comments

• MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    ah. fair enough. thank you for the info michael. this guitar has my blood pumping! now to convince the wife.....
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    btw, the luthier said I can disclose his name to the buyer.

don't worry, he's a very well respected builder.
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="MaxwellGarces"this guitar has my blood pumping! now to convince the wife.....[/quote]

You have an interesting way with words.
    :wink:
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    Antiquing is a divisive issue...you either love it or hate it.

I thought I was in the hate it camp, but after seeing this I'm not so sure, it's a quite amazing looking guitar!
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Well, I don't exactly 'hate' the vintage look on new guitars, if I had the money, and had a choice, I'd opt for one without it, but in this case, if I had the money, there would be no question of getting hold of it. Still out of my league though, so it's a moot point.

As Django would say 'Maybe tomorrow.'
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Antiquing is a divisive issue...you either love it or hate it.'m

Put me in the "love it" column, as long as it's well done. Bob Holo, Ari-Jukka, and Leo Eimers do a wonderful job of it, IMHO. As does the unknown luthier who built these two Selmer replicas.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Killy Nonis does a fantastic antique model too, IMO the most authentic looking of all. There's one at Charle's shop right now.

Speaking of Eimers, I just managed to grab a custom D hole he made using a REAL Maccaferri top from the 30s. In the 90s Mario Maccaferri himself gave the top to Harry Klunder who commisoned the guitar to Eimers. So this guitar sports s a new Maccaferri top from the thirties: that's sooo strange!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    frater wrote:
    Killy Nonis does a fantastic antique model too, IMO the most authentic looking of all. There's one at Charle's shop right now.

Very nice antiquing job!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    klaatu wrote:
    frater wrote:

Very nice antiquing job!

Link?
    andmer wrote:
    klaatu wrote:
    frater wrote:

Very nice antiquing job!

Link?
    Link:
    http://www.rfcharle.com/HTML/PhotosInstruments/NonisSelmerReplica04.html
    Benny

-- Orson Welles