DjangoBooks.com

Does Michael's Facial Hair Effect the Sound?

I had some spare time today and watched all of Michael Horowitz's guitar demo videos.

One thing that I noticed is that when Michael lets his beard grow, the guitars sound louder and "meatier". For instance Michael demos a 1941 Selmer which sounds noticeably louder and fuller than when he is clean-shaven and demoing the Dupont Busato Maple Royale.

When demoing the latest 2009 Dupont VR, Michael's facial hair is almost a beard. That guitar sounds amazing! Really rich and full. The chords sound really full and like thick pork chops.

Do you think I'm imagining these differences?

Also what effect do you think Michael's shorts have on the sound as opposed to when he wears long pants?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

Comments

• bjewellbjewell New
    Well those shorts ensure that I cannot watch those clips before noon as well as in nine counties in Alabama... :- )
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    ...definitely a ballsier sound with the shorts....
    always learning
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Well, I can't sell you my beard but I will be happy to part with a pair of my legendary tone enhancing shorts for the unbelievable price of only $10,000! Will make even the meekest guitar sound like the best vintage Selmer! As seen on YouTube.
  • bjewellbjewell New
    Do those shorts at $10K include a Hahl guitar or a Dupont Vielle Reserve??? :- )
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    bjewell wrote:
    Do those shorts at $10K include a Hahl guitar or a Dupont Vielle Reserve??? :- )
    If you have the shorts, you don't NEED the Hahl or the VR!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    ... the bearded guy is Michael's cousin Jimmy "Machalo" Horowitz. He was raised till the age of 12 by Tchavolo Schmitt and then spent the next 20 years touring Europe, Asia & the Middle East working venues from dance halls to concert halls. He is said to have once singlehandedly defended a mountainside nunnery from a horde of nomadic marauders using only a pocket knife and a pack of Turkish cigarettes. It is rumored that his rhythm hand is so dangerously powerful that he was compelled to register it with the governments of France, Israel & Germany as a lethal weapon.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    The fact that you guys are obsessing about Michael's shorts is proof positive that there aren't enough girls in the genre of Gypsy jazz. :D
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    The fact that you guys are obsessing about Michael's shorts is proof positive that there aren't enough girls in the genre of Gypsy jazz. :D

There are girls in gypsy jazz? Why am I just now finding this out?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • bjewellbjewell New
    Pssst! Wanna see my Wegan?
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500

+1
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com