DjangoBooks.com

Transcription of Tchavolo's J'attendrai?

2»

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Unless you know who the person transposing is, and their ability or care level.....learning from others stuff can take you down some very rocky roads indeed. There aren't many people in this genre who are really good at transcriptions. While I can't personally vouch for all those known here or to this site, I would think they could all be relied upon.

Even in some of the published, print stuff there is are the odd error that someone didn't pick up. These usually are easy to spot and reconfigure while playing (i know, I make them all the time transposing)

At the risk of pimping my own stuff -- this is one of the problems Soundslice is trying to solve. By syncing the transcription with the original recording, you can quickly determine whether the transcription is accurate. Even if you don't use Soundslice, I *highly* recommend listening to the source recording as you read a transcription.

Adrian
  • Go ahead and pimp your stuff Adrian :shock: :D:D ...you do it right.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Go ahead and pimp your stuff Adrian :shock: :D:D ...you do it right.

Seconded. The tabs on Soundslice so far has been spot on and it runs really smooth as well. You guys are too modest. By "you guys" I also include another valued contributor who reluctantly shared his fundraising campaign to bring us instructional videos with one of the greatest multi instrumentalists in gypsy jazz(and beyond!). I don't even need to say who it is because everybody knows of all the great material he has released to help us learn. I'm glad I got to know about that so I could opt in.

It's a good principle to be modest, but when you know you have a good high quality product it's no shame letting people know about it.

So yeah, a big thumbs up from me :D I'm copping some licks from the "Django's Tiger" performance by Adrien and Gonzalo and I'm having a blast!
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    +1...Soundlsice is so cool. Haven't figured out all the nuances, but plenty there to keep me busy for now. Thanks to Adrian for setting it up and sharing it with us . So much great material to wade thru. Pick what works for you and put your stamp on it.
    Swang on,
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Amund,

If you are working on parts of the Django's Tiger version by Gonzalo and Adrien, feel free to add a section of tab. Adrian and I have done bits of it as time permits.