DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2011

2»

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    in the 8 yrs or so thsat i've been going to samois, i've probably only seen 2 or 3 concerts hahahaha... all the fun stuff is definitely happening elsewhere!
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    All the good stuff happens on the campsites--why strain your neck trying to see Stochelo from a 100 yards away on the island when you can see him jam from 5 feet away? plus on the campsites you get to see mighty players like Matcho Winterstein who never play on the main stage play right in front of you
    Stu
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 67
    Hi David, yeah you should book a space on the campsite in advance as it's hard to get a space if you just turn up, the last 2 years they've been packed out. Camping costs about 45-60 euros for 10 days at petit barbeau if you're in a tent (I would get a really cheap one from a camping store nearby or a supermarket/shopping centre with a camping shop like the carrefour in Chailly-en-Bière nearby or probably somewhere in fontainebleau which is easier to get to from samois) the weather should be pretty nice so you won't need anything too expensive - if you're in the uk you can get £10-15 festival tents from millets and then give/ throw it away afterwards.

If you want to camp, there's 2 main campsites for Samois, both about 2-3 miles away from the Ile de Berceau in Samois which is an island in the middle of the River Seinne which the festival is held on(there's no camping at the festival itself because there physically isn't room on the island, just in the campsites nearby).

Camping Petit Barbeau - (0)1 64 23 89 81 <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> This one's in a forest next to the river and quite nice. PLenty of shade and lots of people jamming, showers, a few beers and ice creams to buy in the reception and they will get bread and croissants for you if you order them the previous day. Need to book in advance by email I think.

Camping Municipal de Samoreau - 0164237225 Nice site with showers and toilets by the river about 3 miles along the river from Samois, not as much shade, but they have a bar/restaurant and also a lot of people playing, There are other campsites nearby, but these are the only two really where people will be playing so they lack a lot of the atmosphere of the festival. Need to book in advance, purely because it fills up very quickly - not sure how though as I haven't stayed there.

If you don't want to camp there's a hotel in Samois called the 'Hotel Country Club Samois-sur-Seinne' which is the only one in Samois as far as I know, which is next to the river about 5 minutes walk from the festival (http://www.hotel-country-club-samois.federal-hotel.com/). Also these two in Fontainebleau (10 minutes drive away, but not much atmosphere)

- Hôtel Ibis : 18, rue de Ferrare - 77300 Fontainebleau / Tél : +33 (0)1 64 23 45 25 - Fax : +33 (0)1 64 23 42 22, http://www.ibishotel.com

- Hôtel Napoléon : 9, rue Grande - 77300 Fontainebleau : +33 (0)1 60 39 50 50 - Fax : +33 (0)1 64 22 20 87, http://www.naposite.com

There's a couple of numbers addresses here which might be worth a try, as there are some apartments for short term let during the festival, gites, B & B's etc, but I'm pretty in the dark on this as I've only ever camped personally.

- Seine and Marne Tourism Cimittee : Tourisme 77 - 11 rue Royale 77300 Fontainebleau
    - Accommodation reservation centre : +33 (0)1 60 39 60 54 / <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> / http://www.gites-seine-et-marne.com

Shame you're maybe not taking your dupont, I think you'll miss it if you don't, but up to you. Is there anyone you know who could take it home and keep it at their place for you to pick up later when you return?

Anyway any problems or questions give me a shout (have put phone and email in pm I sent you)

Take care

Graham
    Oh worth knowing that there's no cash machines in Samois - the nearest places are Bois-le-Roi (if you're walking, it's about 3-4 miles but you can hitch on the way quite easily along the main road) or The banks on the main drag in Fontainebleau, which is probably your best bet cause you can go pick up food, beer, cigarettes etc while you're there, and there's a big supermarket full of things to barbecue - there's isn't much in Bois-le-roi.
  • MusetteMusette New
    Thanks Graham, that's all I needed. :)
    David.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Updated: http://www.festivaldjangoreinhardt.com/ ... ubrique122

Varady, Antoine Boyer and David Reinhardt added, average performer age dropping steadily
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Andreas Varady,...
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell