DjangoBooks.com

which arps best to learn?

124»

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Duh! Penny just dropped....

Yeah that's why Dennis said you could play maj7 arp over minor chord. Same notes with the addition of maj7 note which as you said would function as 9 in minor chord/arpeggio.

Remember this thread? Many, many similar realizations just like that. Something that was staring at you the whole time without you ever putting two and two together.

https://djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/12748/aha-moments-studying-gypsy-jazz/p1

BillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

That's a great thread, @Buco! I don't know if I remember seeing that one. Just reading @Wim Glenn 's starting post had me nodding my head in agreement at some of the things I've managed to learn over this COVID down time.

In fact, with all the categories this forum has, there should be a special place where some of these really good posts reside. There is so much good discussion here and some real nuggets can be found on most threads. Moving those really helpful posts or answers to typical questions could almost be in a FAQ folder or similar name. Anyone new to the board could read the ~20 or so most informative posts. But that would probably take a moderator with time on their hands, neither of which I am. And nobody likes the "good idea fairy." 😁

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

One of the all time best threads. It might take a while to get through the all 16 pages but there's almost no getting off the point of the title throughout the entire thread and loads of good stuff.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel