DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2011 Stochelo

MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 122
just put up on the tour dates page on the RT website... SICK!!!!

http://www.therosenbergtrio.com/spip.php?article2

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I'll ask the obvious question -- will he actually show up? He was supposed to come last year and backed out at the last minute, right?
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    adrian wrote:
    I'll ask the obvious question -- will he actually show up? He was supposed to come last year and backed out at the last minute, right?

Wrong :)

He'll be there this year. And so will I ! He'll play with Biel Ballester, among others. There's also a workshop in the plans I guess.

It is extremely rare for Stochelo not to show up when he's expected on stage, so when that happens you know it's not a case of Django-like behavior "hey not today, I don't feel like it", but rather that something bad and unpredictable happened. Which was the case for DFNW last summer.
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    The Trio and Bireli are going to be in Montreal on June 5. Can't believe the Trio are coming back so soon after last year's fabulous concert with Denis Chang and his quartet.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    Aha, but this time it is going to be even better : Stochelo , Nousche, Nonnie, Biréli... And in case this isn't enough, add two wonderful musicians : Tim Kliphuis on violin, and Mr Koen de Cauter on clarinet and hopefully vocals.
    Finally, Montreal wouldn't be Montreal without the one and only Denis Chang "and his hot guitar" as they used to say in Ye Olde Django adds.

Dreamteam ?

EDIT : All this in a small and cosy club : http://media.pda.qc.ca/QTVR/SPEC_WP.html
    Can't get enough of this VR picture, it's amazing.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Aha, but this time it is going to be even better : Stochelo , Nousche, Nonnie, Biréli... And in case this isn't enough, add two wonderful musicians : Tim Kliphuis on violin, and Mr Koen de Cauter on clarinet and hopefully vocals.
    Finally, Montreal wouldn't be Montreal without the one and only Denis Chang "and his hot guitar" as they used to say in Ye Olde Django adds.

Dreamteam ?
    Holy crap! I didn't know about Kliphuis and de Cauter - talk about a bonus! As much as I love watching Nous'che put on a master class in rhythm guitar, it's going to be harder to focus on him this year with that kind of lineup.

And yes, Ye Olde Denis is always a delight.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    any chance he can bring Bireli and The Djangologists band with him to DFNW? and if not, just all come on down here to Portland, Oregon, we'll make you all welcome! :D
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    Bireli and Stochelo at DFNW would be the end all im pretty sure.
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    For those of us who are newbies? Are the concerts on the weekend only or throughout the dates? Is there a link for how to plan a trip to DFNW? Thanks, K
    I'm not sure of the schedule yet, but you will find it all on http://www.djangofest.com/nw/schedule.htm

concerts should be on weekend, yes.
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    Thanks for that link. Gives me a good idea of how it goes. The WICA site does not have anything other than the list up right now. I would be traveling with my non-playing BF, so would only try to see the shows this year. I am in RA and would really like to see Stochelo play live. I really enjoy all those videos you post. Thanks for making them available to us.