DjangoBooks.com

Jean Barault Selmer 503 tribute to Django and Stephane

Comments

• jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

I'm on a Mac with Quicktime version 10.0 and can't seem to find it. I think the feature may have been removed as I sort of remember it being there in an older version. If you can find it on 10.0 it would be cool to know how to do, if not no biggie I have Transcribe and Finetunes...

Dennis,

Sorry bout the thread hijack. And as far as criticism or just running off at the mouth on the French forum, I say you can't please everyone. Some people want to just complain to be heard because there accomplishments, or lack of, don't bring them the attention their fragile egos crave.

Thanks for this video and a huge thank you for posting your transcriptions through the years. They're notated very well. I've learned alot from them and continue to...my favorite is Jimmy's WMD. I also print some out and use them to help guys who are getting going. It's invaluable to have a good transcription from someone who knows the music well.
  • You're right, jscook. You'll have to go back to qt 7, which is still available for the current versions of osx.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    well looks like the Beta of the beta of the beta site is online.... you can download the FREEE playalongs... and guess what? I'll be adding more as time permits! I'm hoping to add at least 10 more within the next few weeks
    i'm not sure if it would interest you guys but i posted some videos of tim kliphuis right here

www.youtube.com/dcmusicschool

his etudes are actually pretty cool, and guitarists can learn a thing or two from him, especially the swing feel
    this one's not related to GJ but it features my AJL now equipped with a black pickguard

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    i have some footage of benoit playing this same instrument

• AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    On Baraults site it says "activity closed".

Is he no longer building guitars? Taking a hiatus? Anybody know?

Stochelo plays a Barault these days and he gets a wonderfully nasal tone from it. I was lucky to hear him play live in January in Oslo at the Django festival. The guitar sounds even more impressive when you're in the same room!

I'm trying to figure out the price range of these guitars. Caught my attention for sure!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, Barault is still building. His guitars generally go in the $5-7k range. He is sending me a Brazilian one in the next month or so. Keep an eye on the site...

Thanks!

Michael
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Yes I visited Barault's workshop in July .. I saw the guitar Michael mentions in progress :D
  • w3hsw3hs Chicago
    So out of curiosity is there any way to contact him for requests besides his site (which is still closed)?