DjangoBooks.com

"Bistro Fada" from Midnight in Paris

124»

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 3,319
    Ok, so I compared the tab on Patrus' site (link previously in this thread) against this video of Stephane on Youtube.

Note that I think he takes some liberties (which is fine) so I tried to boil it down to the basics in places.

I marked up the tab (sorry it's kind of sloppy but you get the idea) and also the 'C' section was not in the tab so I added it.

Let me know if you see any glaring errors.

thanks
  • KardzGypzKardzGypz
    Hello guys,

I tried to mimique what Roy Williams was doing in this video, but unfortunately, I don't have good enough ears and knowledge to properly replicate what he does when he goes off screen.
    So I'm having problems with a couple of the chords voicings he used.
    In the part B, it's the B7.
    In the part C, it's the C and the C#Dim.

I tried to do what I thought he was doing, but it doesn't really sounds like him to my ears, maybe I'm just feeling a difference because of the doubt I have.

I used this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFTBFFxDug
    And tried to find other live versions, unfortunately, in all of them, the B part is focussed on Stephane alone, so I couldn't use them to finish my study.

Anyway, if any of you guys would be willing/are able to help me, it would be very kind.

Regards from Paris, France.

K.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I think its close to:

part B

x
    x

part C

0 3
    3 2
    2 3
    2 2
    3 x
    3 x
  • KardzGypzKardzGypz
    Yes this is what I thought, except I was doing a C6/9 so : 332233 for the first one.
    And by the way, for sound preference, I changed the C#dim to : X4535X to get the bass chromatism and the opening.
    Thanks for your answer :).
  • jlander9jlander9 ✭✭
    jlander9 wrote:
    no chords but i'm sure you can find them.. if you are interested, i transcribed the chords used by Roy Williams (Stephane's rythym player) off one of their video's,,, they sound cooler than the basic chords..
    best and enjoy

It took me a million years but here you go for those of you still interested. Bistro Fada Chord Chart Ala Roy Williams

enjoy 8)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Juan!
  • jlander9jlander9 ✭✭
    No problem. if there are any errors feel free to give me heads up and i'll fix it up. :D
  • luderickluderick New
    Thanks as well to you Juan. I watched the film again last night and enjoyed the Tune whenever it came up .. I also really liked the opening Tune , Si Tu Vois Ma Mere .. might have to learn that one too ..regards from OZ ,Charlie