DjangoBooks.com

For your consideration

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited October 2011 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 386
The guys on the french forum seem to think this is alright-- hope you do too:-)
Stu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbmMceAe ... ture=feedu

Comments

• NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect to the French forum,..this is much better than alright,..it's FANTASTIC!!
    Nice job Stu!!
    I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Its great-lovely lovely tone on there, Its a godfrey geeetar is'nt it? Need to cut back on the fags though Stu-need to keep you playing for a long time!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Thanks guys!!--don't talk to me about smoking!!!...god i wish i could give up:-(
    Yes its an MJS godefroy Maruejouls guitar.Gets better every day.
    stu
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Awesome Playing .... What kind of guitar are you playing ? it sounds great ! (though I know a lot of that is because of your playing but still).
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    the answer to you question anthon_74, lies in the previous posts. :wink:

Really enjoyed your playing Stu - inspiring!
    Thanks Guys
    Yes its a MJS Maruejouls guitar--second one he made i think.
    Still its fair to say,with all due modesty,that a lot of the sound is finally in the 'hands'.
    The right hand technique is crucial of course but talking to Fapy last yesr in Samoreau he told me to work on left hand finger strength--he said it was the secret of getting great tone--not just vibrato but also left hand finger pressure.If you listen to Django (or Fapy) he often creates the illusion of using vibrato on every note even at really fast tempos---what hes actually doing is using a lot of finger pressure.
    Stu
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Stu - you thank Gonzalo, is that his background track you're using, or licks from his book as well?
    HotTinRoof wrote:
    Stu - you thank Gonzalo, is that his background track you're using, or licks from his book as well?

Yes Gonzalo's backing--superb--but the licks are mine:-) (well Django's of course mostly:-)

Stu
  • paynej49paynej49 New
    Very nice indeed.
    You have something to do with that Brazilian site, do you not?
    Wonderful site.
    And how appropriate of you to give a nod in the direction of the French website.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, great solos!

Would it be a lot of trouble to split it in two separate videos? I'd like to download it to mp3 so I can transcribe some of your phrases but the file is too big for the free converter that I use (100 meg max). That vid is 159 meg.

Thanks