DjangoBooks.com

Saving Le Quecumbar

ZootZoot On the edgeNew Aylward Petite Bouche, Castelluccia
in Welcome Posts: 7

I come cap in hand to ask you all a favour.

As you know, venues across the world are closing at an unprecedented rate due to the current lockdown restrictions imposed on them.

We in the UK are in danger of losing a small slice of Gypsy Jazz history as Le Quecumbar, some of which I know you have visited and played at personally, is in danger of permanent closure. I've spoken to Sylvia recently and she is really struggling to keep things going.

If you could kindly consider giving a small donation to the Le Quecumbar Crowdfunder page, it will go a long way in keeping this special venue's doors open for when all this foolishness is over.

Kind Regards to you all

Zoot

Tagged:
BillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristMichaelHorowitz

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Very sorry to hear this.

Thanks for the heads-up and giving us the opportunity to contribute.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Ditto Bill's sentiment. We don't want this song to become "Ode for Le QuecumBar"

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Message from the owner:

Many thanks for taking time and trouble to support in these ridiculous times

Hi many thanks for your support - guess you know the latest news - not good and seems we cannot open properly until June it is horrendous and few of the music orgs etc showing a united front on tackling the overheads issues we all face daily - no pressure on landlords by gov so we have been let to hang out to dry a sorry state - of course landlords will give nothing unless pressurised to do so .....I have as of today no idea how I will get through this or get out of this ...but keep trying - the stress is now too much and I am exhausted with the issues to face - please listen to our music on Spotify or Apple music as this generates a very small revenue for every listen - I put on Spotify in the background all day to try and generate some revenue from our tracks lol

Sylvia xxx

I made a playlist with all of their albums, put in on shuffle and let it play to infinity:

db5billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

By the way banding as a community to stream the Le Que on Spotify doesn't have to be some sort of Don Quixotian effort. If you guys weren't familiar with this story, check it out. It's how a band Vulfpeck published a silent album on Spotify consisting of "tracks" 30 seconds in length and asked fans to stream it continuously overnight, earnings the band $20,000 before Spotify removed the album from the catalog.

@Buco With that logic, we should have Sylvia shorten the track lengths! Some of these tracks are 6 -7 minutes long. That is like getting 12- 14 for the price of 1! I just put it on and lowered the volume....streaming non-stop over here.

Buco

Maybe somebody can put together an album of outros only and donate it to them.

billyshakes

I'm on Day 4 and rolling strong. When I leave my office, I just turn the volume down and leave it stream at night. Rock on, Quecumbar!

Buco

Oh no! Such sad news.