DjangoBooks.com

Djangobooks Hot Club - Colab - Duj Duj

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

A version with variations in harmonies and lyrics:

According to "Discdogs", Antonin Gondolan is 79 years old now and a very versatile musician.

Buco
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

I've messaged you a clarinet part, @Buco

let me know if you got it.

-A-

BucoWillie
  • gitane007gitane007 IrelandNew

@Buco I'm on this aswell this week.......pretty much just trying to find an opportunity to record it without the mute on the fiddle. Are we doing video's also or just the audio at the moment ?

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

I plan on sending a video of a young & handsome clarinet player, as soon as I can find someone who'll agree to do it

BucoWillie
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 4,833

@gitane007 Definitely planning on putting a video together. I'll have to lipsync...licksync, picksync, fingersync...?... my guitar parts, it was already lots to think about. If you can record audio and video separately, if not just the video. Just audio is fine too. In absence of a video recording, I'll ask for pictures and insert that in the video.

There you go @AndyW

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 4,833

New mix with @AndyW on clarinet. It sounds super awesome, Andy, thanks! Andy's track replaced one of the guitars. Fiddle coming next, can't wait! Very happy to see things moving.

Willie

Found a local bass player, Jason Gekker, to lay down a bass track. Would be nice to get that fiddle in there.

WillieAndyWDoubleWhisky
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 4,833

This thing sits dead in the water. Still looking for soloists. I'll record a chorus but would be nice to have a more traditional instrument in there; a clarinet, fiddle, accordion...if anyone else knows anyone else that's comfortable soloing in this style and is interested, please send the word out. This vocal that Willie did here really deserves to see a light of the day. Every time I hear it, I get hit with sevdah.

Sevdah; Bosnian traditional music style, usually in slow tempo with emotional lyrics filled with love and loss and disappointments and grief...all the stuff that makes the life worth living. Also, a state of mind, elated feeling caused by listening to music capable of evoking such feelings.

WillieBillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhisky
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Interesting. The verb sevmek in Turkish means "to love." I would suspect the words might have similar roots?

I'm thinking it's gotta be a word imported from Turkish.