DjangoBooks.com

New CD: Bireli Lagrene - Gipsy Project with Sara Lazarus

Comments

• WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Great video and thank you for sharing the link. It's a shame there is a gypsy jazz MTV. Then I might have to get cable....

In regards to the album, I would like to put in my two cents here and say that as a Lagrene & Gypsy Project fan, this is a great cd and I welcome more like it. It took me a while to get use to Sara's voice and there are times when I think some elements border on cheese but they are typical jazz risks and are therefore subjective. Nevertheless this is a worthy effort which features the almighty trinity of Hono, Diego, and Lagrene delivering chompy rhythmic chunkiness I dig. Lagrene's solos are worth hearing as usual and the tunes are short and to the point (most tunes are about 3 minutes, which is refreshing & a nice throwback to earlier gypsy jazz)

Dan Mon Ile, It's alright with me, and Jim are reasons alone to buy this album. I bought the album from itunes yet the unfortunate tradeoff is there is no album jacket and information and I aided a mega corporation.
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hello !

Got the cd and Bireli is excellent - but remember that only God could perform such a miracle and unfortunately Bireli couldn't ! 8)

At+
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    spatzo and his beyond-the-understandable thoughts...

you'll get used to it, people.. spatzo is a great thinker! :wink:

However I still don't know what you mean by "only God could perform"...

I am perplexe.. :lol:
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    spatzo wrote:
    Got the cd and Bireli is excellent - but remember that only God could perform such a miracle and unfortunately Bireli couldn't ! 8)
    :shock: Hey Spatzy mon ami!! I agree with Gatsby. I haven't a clue what you are saying here. :? :? :?
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Quite simple : Jesus raised Lazarus from death and doing so he performed (made) a miracle ... on another hand Sara Lazarus is not - according to my opinion - a good jazz singer and according to her family tradition with miracles only a miracle could have made hear sing better ...

:roll:

At+
    now it's clear.. ! thanks for the explanation :wink:

I'm seeing her and the Gypsy Project in 9 days.. that's gonna be huge!

8)
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    spatzo wrote:
    ....Jesus raised Lazarus from death and doing so he performed (made) a miracle ... on another hand Sara Lazarus is not - according to my opinion - a good jazz singer and according to her family tradition with miracles only a miracle could have made hear sing better ...
    Très énigmatique. :? But I agree with you about Lazarus.
  • czeckoczecko ✭✭✭
    gatsby wrote:
    now it's clear.. ! thanks for the explanation :wink:

I'm seeing her and the Gypsy Project in 9 days.. that's gonna be huge!

8)

Where are you seeing them?
    I'm seeing Bireli & Gypsy Project this week on Thurs and Sat, but I have seen no mention of there being a singer along. After watching the clip I have to agree with Spatzo...
    Hi czecko

I'm gonna see them in Montreal.. I guess you'll see them in NY, and there might not be Sara Lazarus there!

enjoy the concerts! 8)