DjangoBooks.com

Joscho Stephan playing a Cigano

At the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society convention this week, Joscho Stephan sat in with the Frank Vignola Quintet for an impromptu jam. He didn't have his guitar with him, so I offered my Cigano GJ15, and this is what happened:
Notice that it's unamplified :)

Comments

• ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Wooooowwww !!! ....He makes that guitar sound excellent....Great player...Excelent...we need to hear some great players on low price guitars!!!
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    I guess that answers the question if a D hole is suitable for lead playing :D .
    Great stuff. Thanks for posting that.
    Doug
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i tried a cigano in paris, i really liked it, i wouldn't mind playing a gig with it
    Smokin'!

Anyone know the name of that tune? Isn't that band part of Vignola's Gypsy Grass project?
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    How are the necks on these? Are they like a D-500 in width & thickness?

thanks,

John
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    That was sick.

On the neck... Its ULTRA thin. thinner then the 255 or the 250

Cheers,
    Josh
    the name of the song is flyswatter, and yes, that is the frank vignola quintet, featuring josh pinkham on mandolin, pete coco on bass, rich zukor or percussion, and vinny raniolo on rhythm. they are amazing live, and a lot of fun to jam with.
    someone else has posted two other videos of joscho sitting in with them on the same session, one is appel direct, and the other is nuages.
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like what I thought it should be wheras a D 500 I tried
    didn't and sound too mellow. Is the fretboard of the cigano the same flatness and width as the 250?
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I think the width is like the D-500 but the thickness of the neck is thinner then the 250

Cheers,
    Josh