DjangoBooks.com

ROSENBERG TRIO AT DFNW!!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited July 2008 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Yep -- It's official. Nick Lehr has snagged the ROSENBERG TRIO as the top act for Djangofest NorthWest 2008! This will be the first time in a long time that the trio has played in the U.S. And yes, we are talking about the original trio lineup: Stochelo, Nous'che, and Nonnie. Workshops are being worked with Stochelo and Nous'che. Get your For Sophora together and mark the weekend of Sep 27 and 28 in big red letters on your calendar. This will clearly be another special Djangofest!

( PS I don't know anything else about the lineup -- other than the usual gang of Django gunslingers. If I hear, I'll post it here. Others feel free to post too! )

AE

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hey AE - that'd be amazing, but it's almost April 1st...you're not foolin' us are you?...Cheers my "old china" ~ Phil :D
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Yes Phil, it's for real (and not a wicked April Fools day joke). Nick's got the deal sewed up and said we should start spreading the word. Off-line you mentioned you thought Nous'che didn't fly... Funny, I thought the same thing! I asked Nick about it and he said it's not an issue -- Nous'che is scheduled to be there.

So that's the facts as I know 'em!

AE
    WOW!!!!

That NorthWest doesn't happen to mean somewhere in Texas, does it?
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    How could you guys beat me on this one ? :shock:

Well, pack the fridges with Duvels and tell your neighbours.

It's been 10 years since the trio has last performed in the States...

Nous'che and Nonnie are not particularily fond of aeroplanes :roll: but will be there.

By the way, the Trio's new album (Tribute to Stéphane Grappelli, with TIM KLIPHUIS on violin) is "officially" released today in Holland, and scheduled for April 30th here in France... I have posted a medley of extracts on www.therosenbergtrio.eu some time ago.

There are also free audio downloads of their live show at the Marciac festival last summer with Koen de Cauter... I'll add two more tunes very soon, and hopefully a new video too, as if all goes well I'll be filming the Trio Tomorrow in Belgium (with Koen de Cauter)... Wait and see for that but the rest is all online ! Enjoy !
    "There's no business like shoe business"
    Some new stuff from the forthcoming album, as performed live in Paris at the famous "Duc des Lombards" club, on april 7 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FXVSCWMApM

and two in one :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vaJx66t9VQ

apologies for the not-so-good video, tha place was PACKED and it was hard to film, lighting was awful, etc...

Enjoy anyway, and get ready for DFNW, we're coming !
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    we are talking about the original trio lineup: Stochelo, Nous'che, and Nonnie

There was some other lineup?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Rosenberg Trio doesn't have this on their website schedule... Is it still on?
    Yes it is... It'll be online as soon a Djangofest themselves "officially" publish their line up (which is very soon) . No problem, we'll be there.
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Dit is uitstekend! C'est chouette!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i'm more interested in knowing if super mario maccaferri is going too... he's so mysterious, not even tim kliphuis knew who he was when i asked him