DjangoBooks.com

LET'S GIVE THANKS TO DJANGOBOOKS

gianinagianina Colorado✭✭✭ Shelly Park, Thorell, Eastman
edited December 2010 in Welcome Posts: 33
That time of year to hone your skills, be with friends and family and to just play music. It's also a time to give thanks. Have you ever wondered where we would be without Michael Horowitz and DjangoBooks. What would the gypsy jazz scene be without Michael? I can't even fathom the amount of time and energy that goes into this website, the learning aids Michael has created. Anything Django and we all come here, it's home, a place to chat, learn, grow and just have fun. Michael I just want to say THANK YOU for all your hard work and dedication, you have made a difference and I am truly grateful, aren't we all...
Let Michael know how much we appreciate all his enormous efforts and ongoing support for this wonderful style of music, without him we would be ......
Happy Holidays Everyone... :D

Comments

• HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Hear, hear, and Amen!
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Thanks Michael!
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ditto that! I wish I would have had this resource 30 years ago!!!!

I've learned so much from this forum!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wow, I appreciate your kind words! In the same spirit I would like to thank everyone who has participated in the forum as ultimately it is the quality of the members that has made this a successful forum. And of course I thank everyone who has done their shopping at DjangoBooks as it allows me to keep all this going which as Gianna said, is a LOT of work for one person to do. But I love doing it so it's worth all the effort.

Happy Holidays...

Michael
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Hear, hear!

Michael not only runs a great website, and those who have been fortunate enough to attend his workshops, like I did a few years back at Django in June, will vouch for the fact that he's also a great teacher who provides excellent study material... and as a retired teacher, I've always paraphrased the gospel saying, "By their handouts ye shall know them."

I am proud to be a supporter of this site and always try to get my GJ friends to come here, too.

Michael, long may you and djangobooks.com continue to prosper.

Will Wilson
    Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON

PS Thanks, gianina for getting this ball rolling.
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Due to his reviews, I've bought instruments that are completely satisfying. The forum helped me with mics and amplification. I'm aware of CDs, concerts,festivals and workshops due to this site, AND I can email the expert authors with questions. Priceless.

Thanks Michael

Paul Davis

www.wackadooswing.com
  • jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    DITTO !!!
    Thank you Micheal!
    You are scary good at your business!
    It's mind blowing to know that if you need ANYTHING related to Django, with a couple of mouse clicks it can be in your mailbox the next day.

And to top it off the actual DjangoBooks publications are absolutely the best written music books out there, in any genre or skill level.

:D
    -Jason
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    I also want to give thanks to Djangobooks and to Michael for his historical initiative : before his entry on the scene, there was little in the field of teaching and most of the texts (books, cds ecc.) did not approach correctly the subject (IMO). Michael has introduced a real revolution in the teaching of gypsy guitar with his "bible" "Gypsy picking", that is exactly what had been lacking until then. Many of us have eperienced years of frustration trying to learn to play GJ, but without good results compared with the efforts. And then, suddenly, the solution : the correct picking! Since then everything has become natural and progress has come without disperate effort .
    Moreover Michael has given a great pulse to the GJ all over the world.
    Thank you very much Michael!
    Tommaso :D
    Grazie Django!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    YES! What everyone said! Thanks for everything, Michael.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    Oui, vive et Michael Djangobooks! Je vous remercie!! :D