DjangoBooks.com

Doubts about Gypsy Jazz guitar to buy...

13»

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I would check these out as well - they are, in my opinion, fantastic guitars for the money.
    http://www.harmsworthandwillis.co.uk/

I own two Harmworth and Willis and would buy another one if I needed another guitar

Dont forget if you buy outside of Europe you'll have to add import tax - including those cheap ones from China

You can hear Jimmy Rosenberg playing a Harmsowrth and Willis D hole in this video - he gets the guitar about 1 minute into the video on his release from prison

posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=8976

Good luck
    always learning
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    Hi klaatu. Thanks for your response. I've been looking guitars in gypsyguitars.de, but the cheapest guitar i like costs about 1.200/1.300 euros...so much expensive for me...

Hi crookedpinky. I wrote a mail to Harmsworth and Willis asking for de D-Hole model with 14 frets. I'm waiting for his answer...Thanks for your response too.

Still searching....

Kike
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Someone told me recently that H&W were introducing 14fret D holes in addition to 12fret and the Oval hole models.

I actually have a 14fret D Hole prototype that they had made to try them out. It was made about 4 years ago and it's a monster guitar, big sound and great tone.

Hopefully they can help in your search
    Alan
    always learning
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    Has anyone else tried or owned some H&W guitar?

Thanks a lot.

Kike
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Kike_ska

I'm always chiming in in favor of Cigano short scale guitars. I don't know how much it would cost to get it to Spain but this site sells them for $300 dollars. I guess that's 233 euros.
    I have many guitars. The Ciganos are among the cheapest guitars out there but are better than anything else I've found under $1000 dollars.
    Of course this is personal preference but many others think this with me.
    The DG 320 is very beautiful looking (to me) and a good guitar, but I prefer the short scale Cigano for sound and playability. It also has a wider neck like your other guitar you mentioned.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    I meant to say $330.
    Also, this low price leaves you more money to start saving for a Dupont or other great guitar.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    Thank you for your advise, Jeff.

I will buy a Harmsworth & Willis guitar. I prefer to spend a little more money and get a better option, i think...and when i will be a superstar (jajajaja) i will buy a Dupont.

Thanks!

Kike