DjangoBooks.com

Jean Barault Selmer 503 tribute to Django and Stephane

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    thanks!

in other news, i've posted more clips of the playalongs as well as the etudes (which include full transcriptions in standard notation and tab)

• GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    I really enjoyed that, and I am French... What's wrong with me? It must be that haven't got enough time on my hands.

Guillaume :wink:
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    These are very good. I said it before, the 'swing' feel really comes through. Not mechanical at all.

Thanks,,,
    HCQ
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Hah the difference between these two forums...

Remember I got a gazillion more reactions here about the Selmer footage than
    I did on the French forum... go figure.

Nice shirt Denis btw. :mrgreen:
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • I'm looking forward to hearing a bit more about the music school. Nice stuff, Dennis.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    thanks! I'm looking forward to releasing lessons with Gonzalo Bergara, Yorgui Loeffler, Hono Winterstein, and other great artists in different styles of music ... it's not going to be just GJ!
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dennis, cool stuff. I'm interested in getting the Play a Longs Vol 1 CD. Thanks for already sharing some of this stuff on YouTube, etc. Maybe I'm misssing something obvious, but where on your website can you order this?
    Swang on,
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    MyJuliet wrote:
    Some French people clearly have too much time on their hands! :):)

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Ben! Stock up on that TeraGold while you have the chance! :lol:
  • javierjavier New
    klaatu wrote:
    Beautiful! I'm usually not a big fan of note-for-note recreations but this one's beaut indeed. It had me toe-tappin' and head-bobbin' for sure! Nice tribute brothers.
    Agreed, Eddy. This one is done with such good taste and genuine reverence that it stands out from the pack.

I third that. Totally not usually up for them either, this was definitely a stand out!