DjangoBooks.com

Jean Barault Selmer 503 tribute to Django and Stephane

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Steve, the content was supposed to be ready by now, but the IT person went on vacation and comes back tomorrow, and i really want to test things first before launching the playalongs (which includes 42 free playalongs!!)
    good news! the free playalongs will be available for download... and by free i mean very free!!! the paying ones will be available too if you wish to support me haha..
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    dennis wrote:
    ...if you wish to support me haha..

Happy to Dennis - thank you for the hard work.

Will you be unveiling any slower versions? I've been using audacity to slow things down as I can't keep up with your etudes at 180... yet. :D
    the beginner playalongs are at 100 and 150 bpm!! and these will be updated on a somewhat regular basis; meaning i will add more songs as my schedule and budget allows (i have to pay my bass player for each session)... these will be 100% free!
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Pfffff,.. damn bass players. :lol:
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    It is old news to some, but just a comment that Transcribe! by Seventh String is a great piece of software for playing backing tracks as well as transcribing solos, etc. It is very good at slowing down (or speeding up) backing tracks and maintaining pitch. And/or changing pitch if you want the track in a different key. Free down load, pay after 30 days or so. Indispensable in my opinion.

Craig
  • You can use quicktime for free, as well. I barely open up Transcribe since I figured this out.

Dennis...congrats. I'm looking forward to this.
  • jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    Jkaz,

How do you use quicktime to slow down video?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    jscook777 wrote:
    Jkaz,

Click on Window, Show A/V Controls. In the popup there will be a Playback Speed control. (This is in Windows, don't know if it's exactly the same on a Mac).
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • klaatu wrote:
    jscook777 wrote:
    Jkaz,

Click on Window, Show A/V Controls. In the popup there will be a Playback Speed control. (This is in Windows, don't know if it's exactly the same on a Mac).

You can do it on Mac, as well. I'm working on a PC right now, but it you can find the A/V controls through the top tab menus in quicktime.

For Mac, I essentially find a tune in iTunes, right click and choose "Show in Finder." Finder window pops up and right click, choosing "Open with..." choosing Quicktime.

While Transcribe is a better overall program, allowing you to save work, isolate sections of a song, and have greater control, this works for me if I am figuring out a particular lick. You can also use quicktime to slowdown videos, which is great if you download youtube videos to transcribe.