DjangoBooks.com

A Lesson with Bireli Lagrene

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited October 2008 in Welcome Posts: 6,152
Some of you might find this fun....

'm

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is from the same magazine, but I noticed one at the newsstand had a CD-rom or a DVD that included a video lesson with Bireli...I was too cheap to spring for whatever it was ($6 or 7 bucks) since the rest of it was Freebird type stuff. Did anyone check it out?

Best,
    Jack.
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    "what's a dominant chord?" - best quote ever
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    V-dub wrote:
    "what's a dominant chord?" - best quote ever

But what about:
    "I hope that Frank Gambale doesn't check this out."

Ah, Bireli!
    Jack.
  • edited December 2010 Posts: 64
    this article is great, thanks
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    I am using safari on a mac, is there a way to downlode it on to my computer, then I can zoom in on it, at the moment viewing it on the web page some of the tab is too small. Thanks
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's a PDF file so you should view it in Adobe Acrobat reader. That will allow you to zoom.

It is up for download already....that's the only way to view it!

'm
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    If you're using a Mac with OS X hold down the OPTION key when you hit DOWNLOAD. This will download the file to your desktop instead of opening it in Safari.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Boy, what a great lesson- I like that cat (perlmutter!) I went to school with him, and he's really great guy; aside from being a great guitarist . . . . and fantastic transciber . . . . Cool!
    Michael, thanks for the reprint!
    Ps. check out one of the old ones in acoustic guitar- where they do Djangology, and put out a version of Birellis solo!.
    Cheers,
    Ben
    Ps. adam, I am so filled with envy!
  • Kelly DowKelly Dow South Florida✭✭✭
    yeah this is great, What do you make of when he is asked about his picking technique and says:

"I don't really have a system...When I play faster I do whatever feels natural, often with both upstrokes and downstrokes."

just curious.
    Kelly
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    what makes you think a guy who doesn't know what a dominant chord is would be able to give precise instruction on picking...haha :lol:

Gypsies develop their technique at such a young age...it's just second nature for them. It's similar to someone who can speak and write eloquent English, but never learned spelling or grammar in a formal setting.

'm