DjangoBooks.com

Licks 1-36 Joscho - Bireli

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 421
I'm just going to post these occasionally so I'm not spamming the board or pushing the same post to the top. Got ahead - this should take me up to Jan. 11 I appreciate suggestions or corrections on fingerings or notes.

1-2 Joscho Stephan HoneySuckle Rose
3-6 Jimmy Rosenberg Swing 48
7-9 Joscho Stephan Minor Swing
10 - Django Reinhardt Minors Swing (I had to do at least one)
11-12 Russell Malone It's All Right With Me
13-16 Tchavolo Schmitt Seul Ce Soir
17-21 Frank Vignola Some Of These Days
22-27 Joscho Stephan Bossa Dorado (I can barely play some of these)
28-31 Bireli Legrane Si Tu Savais
32-36 Bireli Legrane Django's Tiger (The Bireli licks are pretty sweet)

http://www.youtube.com/user/kungfumonk007?feature=mhee

Comments

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    just a question, but on youtube could you change your tags, because when I am looking for a video with Fapy laftertin on it, I get a ton of your videos, which are wonderful in their own right, but don't have anything to do with Fapy. Cheers
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure - I understand, I didn't realize that was happening.

Actually - I just looked into that. I had mispelled his name in some of my tags :oops: so whenever the mispelling of "Fappy" was entered it came up with my videos. I already changed that and checked that all my videos weren't coming up for "fapy lafertin" which I'm pretty sure is the correct way of spelling his name :)
  • lezardlezard IrelandNew
    As good a reason as any to transcribe some Fapy :)
    :D I have some Fapy licks transcribed already, I just haven't gotten to getting them up yet. He is one of my favorites! I'll definitely do more from him.
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    The "Tchavolo" licks you posted (13-16) from the Seule ce Soir video with him and Fapy are actually Fapy licks. Fapy takes the first solo in that video, and it's him playing those lines. Tchavolo's solo comes in at about 2:20. Great licks all the same.

Jon
    Ha - I thought that was Tchavolo - thanks for the heads up!!!! See this is why I needed to take this project on.
  • jackspoonjackspoon
    Hi Aaron,

I'm enjoying learning some of these licks, in particular the bireli/tiger ones. My one criticism is that Django doesn't seem to be very well represented in your choice of artists!

More Django licks please.... :D
    Yes the Bireli are my favorite as well. I just decided not really to do Django because I think every thing he has ever played throughout his entire life has already been transcribed at least a couple of times. Maybe if you know something that hasn't really been transcribed - I'd love to do it.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Olivier Kikteff perhaps?