DjangoBooks.com

'Round Midnight

Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
edited December 2012 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 1,257
It's not often we do anything that I think is worth listening to but I feel this is not bad assuming you ignore the dreadful picture quality :roll:

MichaelHorowitz

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Nice playing Teddy!!..... and you know how grudgingly I say that :-)
    Nice trumpet as well.

Stu
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    stubla wrote:
    Nice playing Teddy!!..... and you know how grudgingly I say that :-)
    Nice trumpet as well.

Stu
    :oops: For you to say that, I am really flattered. :):D
  • AzuruAzuru New
    Whoah..Nice! I`d come to the concert if I lived somewhere nearby :o
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    'This video is private', according to YouTube.

Can you unblock it/make it viewable in the far-flung corners of Eastern Europe, or something?

Thanks, A
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
    swing68 wrote:
    'This video is private', according to YouTube.

Can you unblock it/make it viewable in the far-flung corners of Eastern Europe, or something?

Thanks, A
    Our singer had a bit of a drama queen's tantrum about the videos on youtube :roll: so I made them all private but I've unlocked this one. So try again. Hope you like it.
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Great. I was trying to watch it the other day but it was private. I didn't want to ask because i suspected the reason to be something just that - private. :)
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    You should do Manhattan Serenade sometime! 8)

I don't know how well it'd translate into GJ, though. Perhaps something like this, with the lineup in your band:

Haha, I also realized that if you go on the Youtube page of that video and use the speed options by setting the gear, you can set the speed to 1.5x or 2x for a more "speedy" approach. (Gypsy Jazz players these days. :lol: )

I've pretty much given up playing the guitar but thought I'd see what I sounded like having hardly touched it for 3 months or changed the strings for 9. Not brilliant but could be worse I think :? . The room makes it sound very "echoey" which takes away any crispness from the rhythm playing (assuming it was there in the first place of course :roll: ).

vanmalmsteen
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Excellent Teddy! always hot! nice playing
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Sounds good, Teddy... maybe you should consider "un-give-uping" on playing the guitar ;-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.