DjangoBooks.com

Fapy Lafertin & Lejazz - Swing guitars & Hungaria remastered

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Cheers, Dave - thanks again for doing this!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I had alistne to my copy of these last night and there's a definite feel of the older Django recordings in terms of tone and timbre. Long live mono........
    always learning
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Got my copy yesterday, and wow! They really nailed that sound, and the playing is brilliant. Hungaria especially!

Jon
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    I had alistne to my copy of these last night and there's a definite feel of the older Django recordings in terms of tone and timbre. Long live mono........
    Very old school band. Very old sound live also...
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Jon wrote:
    Got my copy yesterday, and wow! They really nailed that sound, and the playing is brilliant. Hungaria especially!

Jon

Cheers Jon
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Jon wrote:

Jon

Hey Jon. Just uploaded this. Whole band playing together the final 'take' of Songe D'Automne
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    Whole band playing together the final 'take' of Songe D'Automne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAL5_7BE ... re=mh_lolz
    gabalbass
  • dBlackiedBlackie New
    dBlackie wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Jon

Hey Jon. Just uploaded this. Whole band playing together the final 'take' of Songe D'Automne
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    dBlackie wrote:
    Whole band playing together the final 'take' of Songe D'Automne

Got my copy yesterday, Dave - and WOW. Masterstroke in capturing the pre-war sweetness, and with such inspired talents! Thanks so much, Dave, both for sending this out so quickly and well, and for the quality of these recordings.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    It's interesting how many different band setups are shown in the videos - from 4 mics on rhythm section, Fapy and the violinist, to just one with the clarinet, and Fapy up on a chair like that picture of Django in the studio. Seems like they moved around a lot even between used takes to refine the sound.

What a wonderful album!