DjangoBooks.com

Altamira M01 775$

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
edited April 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 936
Hey Jazzmonkey

If you get interest in your Guitar only for some reason please know I would be willing to buy

1. Denis Chang's DVD. The 4 volumes and the Art of Accompaniment.
2. Gypsy Rhythm book
3. Plus I have 22 songs (Minor Swing, All of Me, Django's Tiger…), tabs/notation with backings tracks from the Rosenberg Academy. These are great transcriptions in pdf and also have the videos, 50%, 70%, 100% tracks with Stochelo playing from the website. Plus some technique and improvisation videos, pfd and tracks.
4. 4 Box set Cd's

thanks pickitjohn

Comments

• HemertHemert Prodigy
    pickitjohn wrote:
    Hey Jazzmonkey

If you get interest in your Guitar only for some reason please know I would be willing to buy

1. Denis Chang's DVD. The 4 volumes and the Art of Accompaniment.
    2. Gypsy Rhythm book
    3. Plus I have 22 songs (Minor Swing, All of Me, Django's Tiger…), tabs/notation with backings tracks from the Rosenberg Academy. These are great transcriptions in pdf and also have the videos, 50%, 70%, 100% tracks with Stochelo playing from the website. Plus some technique and improvisation videos, pfd and tracks.
    4. 4 Box set Cd's

thanks pickitjohn
    Let me get this straight. Are you selling digital copies of Rosenberg Academy transcriptions and downloaded videos (which you actually are prohibited to download). If you download them for home use I'd somewhat understand, but selling them? Are you kidding me?
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    79 posts from a troll, i don't think so. I imagine he's affiliated with the rosenberg academy & his curiosity is perfectly valid.
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    edited March 2013 Posts: 264
    I'm indeed affiliated with the academy. In fact, I've made all those transcriptions, shot and edited the videos and mixed and mastered the audio. I really do not understand what the thought process is behind selling PDFs, mp3s and videos from the academy unless your plan is to destroy the academy.
  • Amen Hemert.

Will some enlightened soul explain to me why some people will pay $5 for a fancy coffe that they can only use once but balk at paying a buck to download a tune so the artist at least gets a little something. :shock:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Right on Hemert! I just signed up for a 1 month trial and the course it great. I will definitely be back.

I suspect that whoever posted those downloads for sale was not aware of what they were doing (obviously, or they would not have posted it online for everyone to see, not very sneaky).

But seriously, we need to support our heros (the relatively few that there are in this genre). Pay them for the instructional material. They have committed thousands of hours to honing their skills and they are kind enough to share with us so pay them something. The academy is a TOTAL BARGAIN.

Also, buy a couple CDs or DVDs. These things will not be in print forever and they are nice to have. I have a modest GJ collection that are real gems IMHO.
  • hello i am new hew here but i am dealer for altamira gypsy jazz guitars and i have a shop in holland ,,i am so surpriced for the quality from altamira makes ,what is it the in the sound that i like ,,it sound realy dry and clean for a cheap price never had a good sounding china guitar but this one is super.

i found out they are made by hanson yau how realy is a high skilled luthier and built guitars in a european culture just as many others do ,well for me they belong to the higher grade guitars,
  • fmhansenfmhansen
    Hemert wrote:
    I'm indeed affiliated with the academy. In fact, I've made all those transcriptions, shot and edited the videos and mixed and mastered the audio. I really do not understand what the thought process is behind selling PDFs, mp3s and videos from the academy unless your plan is to destroy the academy.

Dear Hemert,

I would like to remind you that it is perfectly legal to resell a product that has been bought (whether it's a book, couch, computersoftware, videotutorials etc...) and that you are actually breaking the law if you do not make this possible for your customers. Please correct me if i'm wrong but that's what i know about the laws here in Europe.

I would do the same thing as OP if i was in desperate need of money.

But i can't picture anyone would buy this from anything other than the official website.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    fmhansen wrote:
    I would like to remind you that it is perfectly legal to resell a product that has been bought (whether it's a book, couch, computersoftware, videotutorials etc...) and that you are actually breaking the law if you do not make this possible for your customers. Please correct me if i'm wrong but that's what i know about the laws here in Europe.

I'm not sure about european law, but here in the US, if you bought a BOOK, then yes, you may resell it...however, you would NOT be allowed to photocopy the book, and sell copies of that. This is where it gets murky. If you have a subscription to a website, and you're selling printed out transcriptions offered by the website to those enrolled, that, I do NOT think, would ultimately be legal, because you are NOT buying an object, but rather a subscription that allows you access to materials. Selling the materials would be like selling subscriptions to the website, which I can't imagine you would be allowed to do in europe OR the US.
    Ultimately, I would hope nobody buys it, because to the best of my knowledge, nobody is striking it rich in this community, and it is important to support our fellow musicians.
    anthony
  • hanear21hanear21
    anthon_74 is correct. First sale doctrine does not apply if all you are paying for is access to some sort of online material. All you are paying for is a license to use the material, you have no ownership over it yourself and downloading and selling it is a perfect example of copyright infringement
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    That is so wrong to sell any resources from the Rosenberg Academy.

That person must've misunderstood the terms of enrollment; why else would you list that here as you will be eaten alive!

I spent a couple of months at the RA and found it to be pure gold. I'm on another study tact but I will back there many times again.

This is a slap on the face of Chrisitaan and Stochelo. I ask all formites of Djangobooks to denounce this kind of activity and show support to RA.

I do sincerely hope that person just made a mistake.

I was attracted to this ad because my friend is looking for a guitar like the one being sold. If the seller can post some clarification, I will ask my buddy to contact him. Otherwise I would not do business with this individual.