DjangoBooks.com

Patrus interview with Alain Mazaud and Daniel Givone, Samois

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
Man, if you haven't yet seen this video, check it out - Patrus interviews Alan Mazaud and Daniel Givone, in presenting M. Mazaud's latest model, the much-heralded Vieux Paris. Man, that guitar is beautiful, with a rare power and sweetness!
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    Easily the most beautiful guitar I've seen! Would love to try one out...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    MinorBlues wrote:
    Easily the most beautiful guitar I've seen! Would love to try one out...

Alain is building one for me at the moment....should be here this summer!

'm
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Michael, will that be Imperial, or Brazilian rosewood?
    -Paul

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It will be Brazilian, just like the last one.
    It will be Brazilian, just like the last one.

Cool. I'm drooling at the moment, please forgive me. :D

Gorgeous guitar by any standard. But in my opinion, that Imperial is truly out of this world.
    -Paul

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    anyone has an idea of his waiting list?
    noodlenot wrote:
    anyone has an idea of his waiting list?

I queried him, Noodle, and he told me 4 months. That wasn't that long ago. Nice guy, to boot. Sent me some photos of the Vieux Paris in different woods - there's a surcharge of a few hundred because it's pretty rare, but my god, that imperial rosewood...! :shock:
    -Paul

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    4 months is not bad at all... and i´ve seen Brazilian rosewood guitar sets being sold for $2000, so a few hundred surcharge is not bad either.

not bad, i tell you. like temptingly not bad.
  • Michael.ArmitageMichael.Armitage Melbourne, Australia✭✭ 2012 Alain Mazaud Vieux Paris
    I thought I'd give an update on my Mazaud Vieux Paris as I'd like to help give Alain the publicity he deserves.

My 2013 Vieux Paris (Brazilian rosewood) just keeps getting better. I've shimmed the bridge as the neck is very playable and it's set up with 11s...... Galli silk & steel at the moment. The volume and dynamic range is HUGE and the tone is exquisite.....a fat low end and thick mid-range yet somehow perfectly balanced and very responsive across the strings and up and down the neck.

I've only had it a couple of months and it already sounds like an old broken-in guitar. For anyone considering one of these, my advice is to just go for it!
    I thought I'd give an update on my Mazaud Vieux Paris as I'd like to help give Alain the publicity he deserves.

My 2013 Vieux Paris (Brazilian rosewood) just keeps getting better. I've shimmed the bridge as the neck is very playable and it's set up with 11s...... Galli silk & steel at the moment. The volume and dynamic range is HUGE and the tone is exquisite.....a fat low end and thick mid-range yet somehow perfectly balanced and very responsive across the strings and up and down the neck.

I've only had it a couple of months and it already sounds like an old broken-in guitar. For anyone considering one of these, my advice is to just go for it!

Michael, wasn't aware you were one of the owners. Congratulations, an extraordinary guitar. It's on my wall, that perfect piece of art from his site, B&W/guitar in color. Proud owner of a Shopis Favino D-Hole on its way; but if the gods conspire and allow it, this Vieux Paris is the only other guitar I'd very much love to own and play.
    -Paul