DjangoBooks.com

Selmer 504 owned by Stochelo Rosenberg is for Sale!!

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    if memory serves me right, a guy in america bought it, he might not even be a player.. when he went to pick it up in Holland, he basically opened the case, didn't even inspect the guitar, closed the case, and went on his merry way... ha

too bad, the selmer 504 is the best selmer i ever tried...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that #504 might not even be getting played makes me profoundly ill.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Yes very sad ... instruments are built to be played. A selmer sitting in some investors collection is a dead guitar.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    klaatu wrote:
    AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that #504 might not even be getting played makes me profoundly ill.

Feel what you're saying Ben, but what you said makes me think: what about #503? Best I know, it really hasn't been played for years. Maybe picked on here and there; but not really played. AE
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    True, Eddy, but at least it is in a place to which we can make a pilgrimage if we are so inclined. I saw it a couple of years ago, and it was a greta moment. 504 and others are buried in the homes of various collectors and will not be seen or heard again. Damn shame.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • I think the ask on it was like 25,000 Euros that or 35,000. pretty sure on of the two :D:D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • shaunshaun
    Hi Guys. IF any of you are interested. The Fellowship of acoustics in The Netherlands has Stochelos Selmer for sale. 1947 #652 - 33,500.00 euros! A snip for such a great guitar. Played and loved by Stochelo. Check it out - I'm not on commission but any cash is always welcome.

http://www.tfoa.eu/the_store/index.php? ... t_id=37217
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Not sure the guitar was so much loved by Stochelo as he got rid of it quite quickly but yo my ears, in the famous video of Supermario Maccaferri, it sounded like the epitome of the Selmer tone. Wish I had those bucks!
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Without taking into consideration the fame of either the brand, its devotees and former owners of this specific guitar...and being strictly objective, it appears to be a cheaply made production guitar with a mismatched top.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    the selmers were a cheaply made factory guitar :) the rest is cultism ...