DjangoBooks.com

New Adrien Moignard videos

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited January 2014 in Welcome Posts: 543
These just got posted to YouTube yesterday, evidently recorded while Adrien was in Japan last month. A fantastic version of Nuages:

Plus Coquette:

Tagged:

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,252
    Nuages is amazing. Damn...

I've heard that song a thousand times and yet a fresh interpretation can make it new. Thanks Adrian (and Adrien) :-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @MichaelHorowitz

I tried to do the wow thing and instead of shezam I get a overlay of another djangobooks web-page that freezes the page. Have to refresh page and start over.

Sorry just wanted Michael to be aware so it can be fixed.

anyway WOW WOW WOW

Can that boy stretch his fingers or what. I remember reading about someone asking Django about playing and his answer was... paraphrased…
    I hope Teddy or someone can give the correct Quote...
    I only got two good fingers and they have four, I hear stuff I can never play

Way to go Adrian. I think Django would be smiling

Great Post @adrian Thanks

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    @MichaelHorowitz

I tried to do the wow thing and instead of shezam I get a overlay of another djangobooks web-page that freezes the page. Have to refresh page and start over.

Sorry just wanted Michael to be aware so it can be fixed.

@pickitjohn thanks, I'm aware of that issue. The reaction buttons went a little haywire after the integration. I'll get them working again next week.

• slowlearnerslowlearner ✭✭
    Thanks for posting Adrian. Now, how soon can we expect to see that finger stretching workout Nuages on Soundslice?
  • Great playing by Adrian....poor old rhythm player wasn't quite sure what to do at a few points ....lol
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Good playing! The Japanese guy is not bad, I have not heard of him before. Interesting to see at the start of Coquette, watch the difference in the left knees - the guys are "feeling" the beat in totally different place to eachother, but still they are playing together in good time! East meets west?!

It's a shame about the mix, way too much reverb for my tastes... after playing that I had to wipe down the speaker cones with a towel and put on Miri Familia to dry them out :laugh:
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Here are some more videos (iPhone) from last Wednesday in Paris. I went to pick up my guitar from Olivier Marin and watched from 6 feet away. I also got the chance to play Mathieu's Holo on a tune with Adrien. I am totally not worthy but when in Rome......or Paris! :shock:

Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    PS Bob that guitar is beautiful.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
    Here are some more videos (iPhone) from last Wednesday in Paris. I went to pick up my guitar from Olivier Marin and watched from 6 feet away. I also got the chance to play Mathieu's Holo on a tune with Adrien. I am totally not worthy but when in Rome......or Paris! :shock:

Nice vids.
    Thumbs up for rhythm guitar!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    wim wrote: »
    Good playing! The Japanese guy is not bad, I have not heard of him before.

I thought so too, pretty nice.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel