DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    holy shit michael, you're creating an GJ empire!!!! and you've got awesome prices for those guitars....

just don't turn to the dark side!!! :wink::wink::wink:
  • Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings
    Hi Michael,

Does the DG-320 have the same neck profile (thickness) as the DG-300? Thanks.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yeah...it's basically the same guitar. The only differences are aesthetics...

'm
    dennis wrote:
    holy shit michael, you're creating an GJ empire!!!! and you've got awesome prices for those guitars....

just don't turn to the dark side!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Honestly, I got sick of answering emails and phone calls every day from people wanting advice for guitars. I'm serious...I get like 10 emails and calls a day from people asking me what guitar to buy. It's just stupid for me not to have these.....it is funny though. When I started this I was just trying to write books to fund my dissertation. Now I'm selling guitars to fund my books....ha ha

'm
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! That modele Lulo Reinhardt is tempting... I'd better hold off!

That guitar was definitely my favorite of NAMM:

http://anouman.net/blog/index.php?title ... &tb=1&pb=1

I can't believe how great of a resource Djangobooks has become. The literature, the CDs, the forum, the video archive, and now actual guitars. Great work Michael.
    V-dub wrote:
    I can't believe how great of a resource Djangobooks has become. The literature, the CDs, the forum, the video archive, and now actual guitars. Great work Michael.

Thanks to you and eveyone else for supporting the site! Without it we'd sink back into the dark years where you had to order Argentines from Europe for $20 a set!!! :shock:
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    hi michael, the one gitane i've seen appeared to have no arch in the top.
    do these gitane guitars have arched tops, does it vary between models.
    thanks for all you've done here.
    shut up and play your guitar
    I actually don't have one here right now...more will be here this weekend so I'll take a closer look. In general, the arch in Selmer type guitars is pretty subtle. It's not carved, they bend the wood. It's really more of a dome or hump. You really have to look for it...

'm
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    edited December 2006 Posts: 415
    My DG-300 definitely has an arch in the top. It's not obvious from afar but when you fit a bridge you can't miss it.

John
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The D-500 has less of an arch then the others but still has the arch. The Saga guitars don't have a huge arch when looked at next to a Dupont of other fine makers that take the time to build in the arch to spec. However all the wood needs to do is be under pressure. This can be achieved with a small amount of arch. My Pattenote has a very shallow arch but still has a great tone. The only thing I deal with on my Pattenote with a shallow arch is I have to be careful about how high I rase the action. Over time any guitar with a shallow arch will start to drop if the action is too high or the strings that are used are too heavy.... and then you have problems.

Cheers